Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came home to find a little package at the door, from one Mr. StupidSquirrel, aka the President & Grand Exalted Poobah of Johnny's Car Service & Waffle Emporium. I hesitated before opening, worried that some sort of spring-loaded stone frog might jump out and assault me, but since I hadn't siphoned any gas from anyone lately, I took my chances and opened it.

Wow.

Let me repeat, for those hard of hearing......

Wow.

As depicted on the custom board, there were three one of a kind custom PIP's from the PIP Master; a '66 BWF Charger, a '70 BWF Cyclone, and - I know Six is already drooling over this - a Buick Grand National!!!!

These cars are awesome, and much like the PIP BWF '58 Belvedere, pictures don't do these cars justice, they really need to be seen to be truly appreciated!

The red hood and blue door/fender on the GN actually look very close to colors that were actually available on the Turbo T Type Regals!

Great job John, thank you so much. Your work is on par with the best of them here on Hobby Talk and your cars are some of the favorites in my JL collection. We're going to have to build a PIP Custom wing for the Carnut Johnny Lightning Museum and Bar & Grill :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
carnut2256 said:
Came home to find a little package at the door, from one Mr. StupidSquirrel, aka the President & Grand Exalted Poobah of Johnny's Car Service & Waffle Emporium. I hesitated before opening, worried that some sort of spring-loaded stone frog might jump out and assault me, but since I hadn't siphoned any gas from anyone lately, I took my chances and opened it.
Well I guess that explains what my mom was so mad about, screaming about flying frogs and a black eye. Looks like you got the wrong package Rich.
Wow.

Let me repeat, for those hard of hearing......

Wow.

As depicted on the custom board, there were three one of a kind custom PIP's from the PIP Master; a '66 BWF Charger, a '70 BWF Cyclone, and - I know Six is already drooling over this - a Buick Grand National!!!!

These cars are awesome, and much like the PIP BWF '58 Belvedere, pictures don't do these cars justice, they really need to be seen to be truly appreciated!

The red hood and blue door/fender on the GN actually look very close to colors that were actually available on the Turbo T Type Regals!

Great job John, thank you so much. Your work is on par with the best of them here on Hobby Talk and your cars are some of the favorites in my JL collection. We're going to have to build a PIP Custom wing for the Carnut Johnny Lightning Museum and Bar & Grill :thumbsup:

I'm so glad you like 'em Rich, you better watch that Cyclone though, that sucker was givin' me fits. I must 've restarted on that one 4 or 5 times, I actually threw it across the room at one point. I also found out thatno one will excorcise a die cast car. I actually stopped working on it and did the Charger, then came back to the Cyclone.

The Grand National was a direct result of the pre pro. GN thread (I wanted to give you a buick no one else had), if not for that thread, I would have done a bwf 442 to finish the set.
The blue IS a Buick factory color (thank you Duplicolor), not sure about the red though.

As for the rest of you, Thanks for your compliments, I'm proud of how these pips turn out, and even more proud of the positive reception each one recieves here.
Thank you all.
JOhn

PS BTW Rich did you break down and look at the pics before the cars arrived?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
wow, that GN is awesome! :thumbsup:
The merc and charger are sweet too.

When the corvair is released, I know who i'll be callin for a PIP custom. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
carnut2256 said:
The red is very similar to a color on the 1985 T Type Regals :thumbsup:
This is the first car I actually researched before I started, I found a pic of an 85 T Type in the color of which you speak, then found a color in my locker that closely matched. The yellow primer was something I saw on my neighbors car and liked the look. The 'whitewash' I used to simulate fading/peeling is new for that car as well.

Hey that car is a major milestone for me, can you send it back to me? :lol:

Just kidding Rich. Hey Rich, put down that frog! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Obviously alot of time & effort went into these PIPs. Your attenion to detail shows, SS. :thumbsup:
Is there a product that could distress the metal for that 'body rot' look? You know, rusted out quarters? Here in New England, a lot of salt is used on the roads in the winter and it's very common to see older cars running around with varying stages of body rot. (probably not common at all in Arizona) OK, boys, time for some sheet metal work! :wave:

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
SD64 said:
The wheels on that charger look incredible with that wash you put on them....sweet!
Believe it or not, I used the thinner I clean my brushes in. I just hit the wheels w/ a wet brush and let it dry, a fair bit of my rust/weathering comes out of my thinner jar.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts