Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up this sprint car(?) at a local hobby store. The previous owner didn't have much info just some extra drive belts. I would like to service the rear slip clutch(?). I dunno where to possibly find parts. The setup of the car reminds me of a carpet knife 1:12 electric. Just a hole lot bigger;-) where's the brakes on this thing??(jk) Any tracks located near Seattle, WA? I can't wait to "fly" this bad boy arround a track. I have other gas powered r/c's but even my Losi LST 2 truck is pale in comarrison. Here is a pic for all that may be able to help---

I have more pix available on my photobucket site just search for 280zex on the main page. feel free to e-mail me any questions. Thanks..

·
Registered
332 Posts
That is in fact a WCM. Around late 80's early 90's. I have a 2002 WCM GN car I will trade you for this car. Brand new frame no damage. The suspension is 02 model. The newer cars run a single belt which is alot more efficient than the two belt set-up. A little less friction. which if you are running against newer cars will help alot. I can send you pics of the car if your interested.

The brake is on the clutch bell on that particular car. There should be a flat strap connected to a arm and under the clutch bell, when you push the brake it turns the arm which acts like a cantilever to pull the strap against the clutch bell. It kinda looks like the crushendra(sp) brake for the Assosciated GT. I just noticed in the pic. The arm is there but the strap is missing or has fallen down under the car out of sight. The arm is shaped like a l made out of aluminum. hope that helps alittle.

Even if your not interested if you need anything let me know. I kinda collect the older cars so I may can help you out.

·
Registered
69 Posts
big maestro said:
Would your friend be interested in selling it? Or if he's interested I have a 06 WCM grandnational 5 races old I would trade him.

Sorry it took so long to reply. I am sorry to say that I don't think he will ever sell this car. He bought it new and I don't think he has ever even started it. He bought it just because he liked the way it looked and it has been a "shelf queen" all it's life. Brian

·
Registered
332 Posts
Cool. Thanks for getting back to me. I started the chassis tonight. Should have it done tomorrow night if I can get to my shop to work on it. I just used the car I got from Ron as a base to work from. It will be about the same with a few changes. I searched about 2 hours last night for photos. Those super mod guys sure are secretive :) I would have all kinds of pics of my car all over the net. Anyway, I started the torqe arm also but I didnt put any ends on it yet, thank goodness. One more ? if you can get back to me tonight. Does the torqe arm and the trailing arms on the right side need to be the same length forward. The trailing arms are going to be around 71/2 to 8 inches long. Does this mean the torqe arm needs to be the same length? Sorry to bug you but your the only one who knows.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.