Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are looking to build a track for our son for Christmas (drag strip). Most of his cars are 1:64 scale. I'm starting to look for buildings, grandstands (bleachers), spectators, etc. and I'm clueless what scale I should be searching for? I was leaning towards HO Scale but those seem so small. I'd appreciate any suggestions on size. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
S-scale is what you want.
biggest question is it going to be played with or just a display.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
It will be played with BUT luckily this child plays w/ "caution" when it comes to all of his cars!
Any idea where to find bleachers/grandstands??
Are there S Scale "people"??
I'm sorry to sound clueless but when it comes to finding this stuff...I AM! ;)

On the buildings, if I'm unable to find S Scale, would O Scale look "way" out of proportion? I would just prefer to be a little larger then a little smaller, if that makes sense.

ETA~I've been able to find HO Scale Grandstands w/ figures and 1:32 Scale Grandstands w/ figures. If I'm unable to find S Scale, which would "look/work" the best??

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I don't think HO would look too out of scale. Remember the old Tyco/Aurora HO scale slot cars? They are not too much small than the average Hot Wheels. If you get more into the Jada series, then HO scale will look a little small.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts