Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys my league is going to start a brushless class next year .... www.outlawracingleague.com

there still thinking of the rules and such and i posted your part one on or thread for the guys to look at but what i wish from you guys that have been running brushless for some time now is pros and cons over brushed racing so i can post them for guys on the fence about brushless racing..

thanks
brock

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Brushless

The benefits of brushless are hugh, no motor work, more time to work on chassis. All the motors are very close in performance. I have 2 4300 motors that I have ran for over 2 years with zero problems. You have the same power every time you get on the track, no more I'm slow, is it bad brushes, wrong gearing, wrong motor springs.

I haven't ran a brushed motor on oval since I got a brushless motor over 2 years ago.

Here in the midwest 4300 brushless is always the largest class by far and in the summer outdoors all anybody runs is the 4300 brushless, and now with the new 13.5 even people that don't want the speed of the 4300 which is very close to a 19 turn, now can run a motor that is about the same power as a 27 turn stock without all the headaches of brushed motors, dyno, lathe, springs and a hugh pile of brushes that might be good and then again might not be.

Again the benefits are hugh.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Has made the racing more enjoyable, closer racing, not as time consuming, just show up to the track and charge a pack. No thrashing to build a practice motor and then trying to build a race motor..... and its cheaper. you can spend more money on things like tires rather than having to a big pile of brushes and motors which you'll have to buy again in a few months. Motors last a long time with little loss in performance. I hated it at first, but love the brushless racing now.

Hays Jr

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
bologna said:
hays jr what didnt you like at first change????
I used to like building motors and missed that part of it at first. But then I realized how frustrating it really was and dont miss it one bit now.

·
Registered
644 Posts
i have not found one bad thing yet, changing to brushless was the best thing to happen for me! you don't ever hear complaining about cheating motors or bad motors because they are all so close.

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
Although I haven't tried it myself, we've got a few guys running their BL's against the brushed Mod cars, and we've got a truck class running 3300 batt's with BL's with a speedo that can be run in SPORTSMAN mode against 19t's

Both have been interesting to watch, and I hear nothing but good things from nearly all the BL guys on having NO motor maintenance, and other normal brushed issues.

·
Premium Member
3,593 Posts
AJS said:
The benefits of brushless are hugh, no motor work, more time to work on chassis. All the motors are very close in performance. I have 2 4300 motors that I have ran for over 2 years with zero problems. You have the same power every time you get on the track, no more I'm slow, is it bad brushes, wrong gearing, wrong motor springs.

I haven't ran a brushed motor on oval since I got a brushless motor over 2 years ago.

Here in the midwest 4300 brushless is always the largest class by far and in the summer outdoors all anybody runs is the 4300 brushless, and now with the new 13.5 even people that don't want the speed of the 4300 which is very close to a 19 turn, now can run a motor that is about the same power as a 27 turn stock without all the headaches of brushed motors, dyno, lathe, springs and a hugh pile of brushes that might be good and then again might not be.

Again the benefits are hugh.
Looking forward to running the 13.5 brushless on the concrete ribbon next summer !!!

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Jeff, I hope you do have more time to race this summer than you did last, I know it was killing you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts