Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As yet, the only pics I've found online have little to no detail, are not clear, and are definitely not closeups. Does anyone have anything - photo or accurate diagram of either the shooting miniature or the fullscale mockup? I'm particulalry interested in the square of greeblies just behind the nose (top of the ship), the details on the arm just under the forward vent openings, the landing gear struts, and the interior cabin (on the fullscale mockup). And, of course, any details where the kit deviates from the filming miniature.

I've rented the DVD set to see what I can spot.

(aside - My e-mail program has been dead for a week or more - looking into fixing a new e-mail program.)

·
Registered
303 Posts
Sorry to say this is one of the most obscure subjects out there. The *only* photos I have ever seen of the studio miniature taken back in the day were published in the instruction manual for an Estes rocket kit. That is (or was) online somewhere. Remember, this craft has two names -- "Marauder" and "Hatchet Fighter." Try searching under both.

I wish I could offer more help, but this is really a hard-to-find subject! Kind of like the ships from Enemy Mine. I've looked everywhere for pics of those and found next to nothing.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, s-a and Scorps! It does help. I've taken some (really bad) sketches from the dvd, someday I'll have the DVD-rom to get screen caps.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Let me step into my Way-Back machine and dig through the archives a bit.

Here are a few pics I dug up in old posterbooks and the film program. Big files and pretty good quality.

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

·
Registered
303 Posts
Wow! Now that's more like it! Thanks, John! :) Gotta get that poster magazine. . .

Now, got any good, detailed shots like that for the BTA and Drac fighters from Enemy Mine? ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts