Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp, now live and running until Thursday, September 23rd! Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Starship Class
12,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got this in from Cult:

WAYNE HANSEN HOUSE FIRE

Wayne Hansen, known to many people in the hobby as Wayne the Dane, lost his home and all his possessions in a fire last week. He managed to save one of his cats and suffered some minor burns but is okay. He is currently staying with a neighbor.

Wayne has done a great deal of figure sculpting for many different garage kit companies over the years. He sculpted one of my first kits, the Forbidden Commander.

John Diaz is leading an effort to help Wayne. He is collecting clothing, furnishings, and anything else you can donate. You can contact John at [email protected]

If you wish to donate to Wayne directly, his Pay Pal email is [email protected] . His mailing address is

Wayne Hansen
C/O Ann & Jeff Wilken
430 Julian Woods Lane
Julian, PA. 16844

Please help in any way you can. This is your chance to give a little back to one of our own. Wayne is one of the good guys in the hobby.
If we all just send five dollars, it could help him out during a rough spot.:wave:

·
Starship Class
12,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just got an email from Wayne:

Dear Hobby Talk Folks! I surfed on over to there (not a member yet, so couldn't post). You guys are great! God Bless You!
Wayne

·
Starship Class
12,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks, everyone!

Ductape--You're going above and beyond, thanks!

Chrisisall--I think there are others on other boards plus folks responding directly to the email that was sent to me from Cult so we're not all there is.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Just read in another thread that his insurance isn't covering the loss. I can't imagine what I would do in similar circumstances....I don't know the man, but I'm happy to help. Good luck to you buddy.

·
Banned
1,992 Posts
I don't know how many of you habitually go to Starbucks every morning for coffee, but I'm cutting out only one a week and sending the proceeds every payday. So Save a Latte for Wayne! It's only $25.00 a month for a few months, I know I'll never miss it . Challenge put Forward...

·
Starship Class
12,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I don't know how many of you habitually go to Starbucks every morning for coffee, but I'm cutting out only one a week and sending the proceeds every payday. So Save a Latte for Wayne! It's only $25.00 a month for a few months, I know I'll never miss it . Challenge put Forward...
For those able to do so, that is a very good thing. I'm hurting financially--close to losing job if there's another economic downturn--in fact, a meeting coming up might be about closing our store down.

BUT, I sent $20.00 to help out. I hope others can try to do the same thing. Just a little from a lot of folks can make a difference.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
I don't know Wayne, Never build figures and I've never seen his work.

But he is in need, money sent.

I hope he had insurance, It can't replace many things but might help.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts