Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been lurking for a bit here, and finally decided to join what looks like a very dedicated and close-knit group.

My die-cast hobby is fairly recent. I actually work for an automotive company, and worked on the 1:1 Ford Shelby Cobra and Shelby GR-1 prototype cars. When Hot Wheels made models of cars I worked on, I just had get them. I initially had no interest beyond those HW Cobra's and GR-1's, but, as you know, these little cars just suck you in! Eventually I discovered the more premium brands such as Johnny Lightning, and an addiction was born.

Currently my collecting interests are focused primarily on Shelby Cobra roadsters, Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupes and Ford GT's. I also pick up random models I like (since I can't afford the real cars) - Jaguar and Aston Martin grand tourers, mid-engined monsters from Porsche and Ferrari, and an occasional iconic Corvette, Mustang or other muscle car.

I look forward to participating on this board!

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Welcome to the board!!! Awsome collecting habbits!!! I am a huge collecter of Ford GT's and Ferraris, amongst others. Looking forward to having another member on here with similar collecting habbits!

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Welcome to HobbyTalk... :wave: ..sounds like you have been involved with some very nice cars.....it's a good family here..and there are lots of Mustang and Cobra lovers here....including me...look forward to your posts and pics.
..again...welcome aboard..!!

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
A must see.

Macs_Little_Car said:
Welcome... check this out for my displayed collection of Shelbys, Daytonas and GTs

Ford Display
Welcome to HT and the world of little cars.

I highly recommend that you visit the "Ford Display".
You WILL NOT be disappointed.
The word awesome comes to mind when you see this material.
Rob has spent a lot of time and money putting this together.
Enjoy!

And what can you say about the GR-1. Fantastic.

Cheers. Cobra

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Macs_Little_Car said:
Welcome... check this out for my displayed collection of Shelbys, Daytonas and GTs

Ford Display

Wow!!! That's an amazing collection. Love the Ferrari transporter in the background, completely overshadowed by the Shelby's! Very approptiate. Are those 315's on the carrier?

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Welcome aboard! You'll have to share some stories of the cars you got to work on. I've got various size collections of cobras and Ferraris myself.

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
Welcome to the board and you are correct,this is a very dedicated and close knit bunch.

So,who do you work for? Ford or Shelby? and to what capacity? I hope this isn't to personal,I'm just curiously interested.

thanks and have fun! :)

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
triple20 said:
Welcome to the board and you are correct,this is a very dedicated and close knit bunch.

So,who do you work for? Ford or Shelby? and to what capacity? I hope this isn't to personal,I'm just curiously interested.

thanks and have fun! :)
Ford. Actually, at this point Shelby doesn't have much to do with Ford's Shelby-badged cars - it's just a branding / "consulting" relationship. (With the exception of Mustang Shelby GT - they slap on the Shelby body kit in Carroll's Las Vegas shop on that).

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dadvball said:
Welcome aboard! You'll have to share some stories of the cars you got to work on. I've got various size collections of cobras and Ferraris myself.
I'll have to dig out some good photos to share with you guys.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts