Hobbyist Forums banner

Hello everyone!!!

803 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  30yearTech 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone!!
I hope you all have a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!:dude:
Thankyou all for you're help this year!!
And may we all see this 52 week of the year next year :)
I do have one small question about parts.
And that is this .
Where can i get the best prices and turn around time on in stock items on the internet???:dude:
I have been dealing with the guys down at the parts counter at the place down the street.Well I'd rather not thank you I dont like the middle man if I dont have to .Plus these guys are jerks they treat me like crap when i go in there .Like they dont care if i give them biz so I would rather just order online.ANY help would as usual be greatly appreciated.
As Always Steven:wave:

#3 ·
Not wanting to seem rude but there may be some reason they treat you like crap, they have a business to run and giving the ocassional buyer the best price when they walk through the door is not part of it. Build a relationship with your local guy, he will be there when you need him most. You can get items at cost from the net, however, the shipping/handling will ruin that. Any business has 3 things to offer, Price, Quality and Service. However you only get to pick 2 of the 3, the one you don't pick is going to suffer. Have a good one. Geo

#4 ·
I do agree but....

yes Geo I do agree with you on those points.
But... I go there a lot I'm not just a one time a year guy.I get a lot of mower baldes and a slew of other parts from them.I understand the logic in youre statement
I just thnk that if i'm the only one that they talk to that way well then its probly me but it isnt.And i dont know how they stay in biz like that.Sure my parts dont add up to muck. but over a year and 20 other guys around here buying from them does add up.But so as not to sound like im peeing up a tree.Thanks for all the great help. You guys are great.I hope we all have a fun year together on this forum.I still will go there but I'm also looking for another place local there is a whole bunch.From what I see in the yellow pages.
As always Steven

#5 ·
There are many online sources for parts. An online source without the overhead of a retail location can be much more competitive then a local shop. I used to operate a retail shop, and the overhead can be tremendous, so don't slight any of them for not giving you a deal, they simply may not be able to afford that option. Every dollar they give up in profit is a dollar out of their pocket. Would you give away your hard earned $$ ??

As for their attitude, that's another story. I will not shop anyplace where I am not treated with respect.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.