Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hello all, update

just got our power back yippie no fun without ac here in fla beens mid 90s every day since charlies visit. fema is comming to look over all the damage to our house got my roof patched till they can put a new one on and now have to rip out bathroom gelling and walls got soaked. but we will over come this no dam storm will ever keep us down. but biy i never want to ride one out again dam scarry. so we are home and taking a break from cleaning up tons of broken trees our yard was striped of all its trees. i will never forget looking out back window and seeing the roof of the house next door fly by or the sound like a feright train barring down on us. the air dark and filled with trees and house parts. thats what u all missed some friends of ours were told they will not get power for two more weeks but they know they can stay with us if they need to. this storm cut a path up the middle of florida never expected winds this strong when it got here. well theres my up dated report.
thanks all who sent prayers and well wishes
people here are so kind
thanks
steve n deb and nicole

·
Banned
2,477 Posts
it sounds like everything is getting better there for sure. i have to ask,,,,how did your diecast collection fare though the storm and damage?

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
As long as you and your family are unhurt you will get by. Myself and my 2 sisters were in the F5 tornado in Xenia back in 74. Took some time but life got back to normal (just not in the same house). Take heed of the advice on shoes!
Good Luck

·
Banned
8,047 Posts
We got stuck in Atlanta last Saturday because of Charlie. Just got back yesterday from central Florida. Fortunately our hotel had power. We did see many many large billboards trashed and many interstate signs bent over backwards and tons of trees uprooted or snapped in half. Glad you are OK.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Hi Steve! I am so glad to hear life is starting to return to normal. Thank God you and your family are safe and that you will be soon getting federal help with your home. Best wishes and God bless buddy!:thumbsup:

---Matty (mattywhelz)

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
diecast damage

was lucky packed up most only lost a few cars 10-15 water damage outta the thousands we have we were very lucky

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Great news to hear you and the family are safe and well. At least the 10-15 cars can be replaced.
Sounds like you are keeping your head up and willing to help. Take care!
Chris

1 - 10 of 10 Posts