Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here i a Heavy Haulage combo I built some time ago. I used two Scania kits to build the tractor unit with lots of scratch building materials. The trailer is scratch built. I used the undercarriage 3 axle wheel base from another trailer. I am still looking for a machine to transport on this beast. Difficult to find. So I have concocted a load that is easily adaptable to the trailer. Will work on that later. The results:

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
You're a machine. I love your eye for detail. Makes your models look real. Especially when photographed in sunlight. If not for the foam-board edge, I cannot tell where reality ends and the fun begins.

·
Curmudgeon
6,601 Posts
Your skills as a modeler are apparent; your results speak for themselves. But what really impresses me about your dioramas are your attention to detail and your eye for composition. The bases you put together not only create a believable scenario, but they focus the attention on the main subject rather than drawing focus away from it, and do so without being obvious or obscuring the main subject. It's always a pleasure to view your work!

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Your skills as a modeler are apparent; your results speak for themselves. But what really impresses me about your dioramas are your attention to detail and your eye for composition. The bases you put together not only create a believable scenario, but they focus the attention on the main subject rather than drawing focus away from it, and do so without being obvious or obscuring the main subject. It's always a pleasure to view your work!
Thanks for your kind words of inspiration. I do strive to be better than before but sometimes it gets nerve racking. :) Much appreciation. My photo ability still needs a lot of practice, but I am getting there slowly.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Front loader..

You've gone this far, why not scratch build the loader too? There's plenty of larger, old construction toys out there at reasonable prices. I took a quick look on ebay and found a Cast iron John Deere tractor replica , $19.87 or best offer. If they didn't goof on the scale, I bet you could make it amazing with this... You'd need to find an appropriate bucket, but I'm sure they're everywhere. Type the same words I did and see for yourself.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
another superb job TK!!!...that thing looks like it'z had a wicked hard life...again with ALL the detailz!!!
Thanks. That is basically my theme for all my trucks. I am not one for shinning new model trucks. I like my models to look used or well worked.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts