Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Lookout the Mac is Back!!
8,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are sweet!!

Just got them in today!! They are so good looking next to the cars, not way too small like they used to be

·
Lookout the Mac is Back!!
8,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think it was called "Hype".

Not really, it is because "1/64" scale trucks (MB, HW, RC, everybody) used to be about half the correct size. When you had a Car hauler even a VW would dwarf it and the semi haulers would hold like 4 cars.

These are the first ones of these I had seen and I was impressed.

And sorry if I offend you by posting new releases that may interest others that do not have access at their local stores .

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
The Memphis ambulance looks sharp! Keep wondering if we will see this chassis used for a fire engine down the road. It is nice to have actual 1/64 scale trucks!

·
Registered
14,323 Posts
The Memphis ambulance looks sharp! Keep wondering if we will see this chassis used for a fire engine down the road. It is nice to have actual 1/64 scale trucks!
I remember when GL posted a thread asking what members would like to see on the Durastar chassis, I suggested an ambulance. I had more of an intricately detailed Code 3 kind of thing in mind, so the results fell flat for me. I think Greenlight decided to go with the ambulance body mainly so they could get away with cheap and basic box they could apply lots of tampos to, so I'd be surprised if they ever release anything that resembles an authentic pumper.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Man I got the Gas Monkey hauler from TRU on the other side of town yesterday only to find out the driver side mirror is missing. Now I'm debating taking it back today in this searing Midwest heat. I love the truck but they didn't have another one on the pegs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts