Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Great comparison.
Kyosho casting is much better in my opinion, but if you notice all kyosho cars has a little mistake, the height from chasis to the floor is a bit elevated if you compare with other brands.

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
That’s what I was thinking Troopeur, I was expecting the Kyosho and Autoart to be great. But I did not expect to see the cheap GL castings holding their own as well as they did!

Not a real "apples to apples" comparison, but I was pretty surprised they look so good!

Thanks for the pics WL4me!

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I was also surprised how good Greenlight compares to Kyosho/Autoart. Main problem of Greenlight models is that the wheels are too deep into wheel arches and that somehow spoils the overall look. But detail and quality-wise they look great, at least in pictures.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Thanks for the comparison pics! I didn't think that these cheaper GreenLight cars would hold up against Kyosho or AutoArt, but IMHO they go toe to toe.

But to be fair, these aren't GreenLight original castings are they? I remember reading somewhere that these are old Malibu International castings that GreenLight bought when they went under?!?!

·
Registered
683 Posts
That's correct. They are manufactured by High Speed based in Hong Kong, and was once distributed by Malibu International. I hope Greenlight will re-release all of their castings because their quality and details are excellent when you consider their price.

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
I really dig the fact that the GL Lambo is the "R" version of the car. The rear wing and lower defuser are from the racing version of the real car. Just thought that was pretty cool!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think price wise and availability wise I hope GL produce more european cars like these,
because Kyosho and AA 1/64's are hard to find here in US or yes...you track them but it will be pricey.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I agree, CM's does make pretty detailed bodies, but their wheels need just a little bit more work. The Autoart Murcielago is just a shame with that cheap tampo painted headlight and taillight.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Great comparison.
Kyosho casting is much better in my opinion, but if you notice all kyosho cars has a little mistake, the height from chasis to the floor is a bit elevated if you compare with other brands.
The stance on the Kyosho Gallardo in this case is correct. Tech derived for the Murcielago is all Lambo's sit high only when you flip a switch on the centre counsel does it lower the nose by 2 inches. This is so that when you drive all cars with the VW-Audi 4 wheel drive system that is standard on all Lambo's (but the Gallardo LP560-4 Balboni) that when you encounter a raised surface in the road you can clear it without scrapping or damaging either the nose, ground kit or chassis. You lower it when you feel the need for speed as when raised it is not needed.The High Speed-Greenlight Gallardo and Murcielago R-GT the system is turned on. I believe the system can be left engaged and you can turn the car off without it affecting it.

The AA Murcielago, AA Galalrdo, HW 560-4, Motormax Murcielago Roadster and Motormax Gallardo Superleggera is designed to have the system engaged while the HW Murcielago, Maisto Murcielago and Maisto Murcielago Roadster all have it not engaged.

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,828 Posts
I like them all. For the price the Motormax and High Speed versions are hard to beat. The CM version of the Countach with the headlights up is kind of unique. Wish I had the AutoArt version.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Why do we keep calling the High Speed made castings"Greenlight"? The only difference betweeen castings from the two companies is the new baseplate. The HS castings are not new and have been available for quite a few years, either via Malibu INT and some by Model Power and some from Readers Digest as promotonals !

As for AUTOart, they do have a warehouse in Cerritos Calif which provides models in retail direct to the collector . Tel # 562-623-0210 . Thus, in my opinion, their product is not as scarce as claimed.

Can anyone tell me what the CM in CMs stands for? For example, GM stands for General Motors

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,828 Posts
Dave, I looked all over the internet once and could never find any other name than CM's Corporation. Even on the boxes of cars I have it just says CM's Corporation.

High Speeds were still common to find when I was in Philippines. Cost-wise even in the black box the cost is cheaper than the GL's. I did have my wife send me over a Jaguar X-Type that I failed to notice when Malibu were around.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts