Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My own version of Head-to-Head with mild custom Pontiacs.

BTW, if I don't want to make these changes permanent, what kind of adhesive should I use that can be removed?

·
0 Posts
Wyatt said:
My own version of Head-to-Head with mild custom Pontiacs.

BTW, if I don't want to make these changes permanent, what kind of adhesive should I use that can be removed?
Nice Pontiacs! :thumbsup: I've had good success with using Elmer's Glue-All sparingly.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Wyatt, I like both of them.
They look nice. Great job.
And welcome to the world of JL customs.
Creating things like this is fun.
Thanks for sharing your handiwork.

Cheers. Cobra

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
They look good to me. If anything I'd cut a hole in the blue ones hood paint it flat black and deck pin it. Then you got the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Nice work, Wyatt :thumbsup: That GTO is smokin' :cool: If you're talking about holding down the engine, I've used a dab of rubber cement with great results. A tiny drop of adhesive silicon bathtub caulk also works well. Holds the part in place but also stays pliant for easy removal. :wave:

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool, thanks for the tips. I agree about the hood. I have a Trans Am I want to cut a hole in the hood, too, I just don't have a dremmel!
And here's the leftover, "No cars were hurt in the making of these customs."

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
Skipper! Your one of the few that I've heard that uses rubber cement. Great stuff. I've been an advocate since I started posting my work. Works pretty well for masking too. You just have to be thorough in your coverage. Clean-up is easy as you just rubb the cement off. I have found, the the soft plastic used on some of the windhields will fog if you use it on them. But that stuff will scratch with Windex and a paper towel. Applying the cement to both surfaces provides a pretty durable bond. I've got some stuff that's been displayed for years and I glued stuff like grillwork into openings; using rubber cement. :thumbsup:

Wyatt. Along with a Dremel I'd get me a jeweler's saw. Can't beat 'em for cutting odd-ball things like shaped holes in hoods. Of course you could also drill a hole in the hood and work your shape with a file or two.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts