Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
7,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As many of you know, I brought my 13 yr old brother-in-law with me to the Fest. All the way home he was telling me what a good time he had... and how much he appreciated me bringing him along.

I remember him talking to his Dad on the phone asking to borrow money because he ran out some time Saturday. His dad musta asked "so whatca doing?" because his reply was "Just hanging out with these Johnny Lightning Nuts"...

After three years of fest, I have to say that its almost like a Family Reunion, except we like each other... ;)

It's true, we are all nuts, but thats ok by me... I wouldn't have it any other way. We go to have fun, and boy did we.

Ben, is now one of us Nuts... He took top honors in the gravity race, beating me to the finish line in the finals. Ok so I'll take 2nd, and be proud... :D

For his first Fest, he really got the best flavor of all the activities...

He came home with Champion Gravity race Prize and trophey, a PSR, a Hobbytalk Car, a couple White Lightnings {which he liberated promptly}, My Custom Jeep, and the Medal it won, over 100 cars from the warehouse sale which he battled his way to the tables and found.

He said to thank everyone, and if at all possible he would see everyone next year...

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
KK -

It is about bringng up some new "kids" - without it the hobby will die. It was refreshing to see a young guy excited about something other than video games - he is a good kid!!

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Yea, bring him back next year. He was a big help retreiving the cars for me at the gravity races, along with Bill & Pat's daughter Amanda. I'm glad he had fun.

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
Kenny,

That is really cool, and I agree with Dip - it's good to see a kid interested in something other than digital monsters. I'd bring my four year old but I don't think he would have made it for two days. The warehouse would have freaked him out too. Besides, he's too busy fighting crime. After all, he is really Batman. He and our neighbor, Superman keep the backyard free of evil doers. Maybe next year he'll be ready.

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
I love to watch the kids when the race there cars and win, they get sooooo excited, makes the trip so worth while.

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
geralde61 said:
I love to watch the kids when the race there cars and win, they get sooooo excited, makes the trip so worth while.
That reminds me of last year when I saw this youngster discover that he had won the junior mild category in the customs contest. That kid was so excited it was beautiful So what if he was the only kid who had an entry. He was geeked! It makes me feel good inside when I see something like that.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I'm sure he just meant...We are goofy..silly...whacko...funny...crazy acting?

O.K...Ben is right!

He's also a great guy to have as company, I just hope we all made a lifelong impression on him...Because we are "Good People", that are a bit nuts about our hobby.

Jeff Fleetwood

1 - 11 of 11 Posts