Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i just finished spraying a couple diecasts using the normal 1/4oz bottles thinned 3 parts paint to 2 parts thinner. color was great untill i got near the bottom of the bottle i had the thinned paint in. well when i got near the end the color lightened way up due to the flake settling i guess. and i always keep my paint moving when im spraying i never had this happen with metallics before... just seems like the metallic is not staying in suspension like it should. the color is still a great color but more silver then i wanted it..was perfect before the final coats i applied...anyone else have this issue? after this i dont think i will use the testors for painting my diecasts think i will do what ive been doing and emptying the paint out of spray cans and using it via air brush for better controll/spray pattern...like i said out of 7+ years of painting stuff i never had this happen! could it be the paint sat too long on the shelf or? hopefully some of you that are more experienced with testors can help me out... thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
How well did you mix the paint? And did you do light coats or heavy? Sounds like a combination of paint and thinner not mixed well or heavy overcoating.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
always mix paint well always do light coats.as i said it happened with the final coat....same thing is happening to the amber and taillight metallic paint.. the silver i have is fine..so guessing its just old paint.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts