Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I played with hot wheels like crazy when I was younger. Only bought some here and there the past few years. Still love looking at them. Just wondering how y'all know what's coming out and when it's coming out? I've only had one treasure hunt ever and would like to grab a couple sometime. Just found 2 knight riders & 2 Harley fat boys at big lots on my lunch break, that excited me haha.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Welcome to Hobby Talk. Collect what you like and be consistent. Too many variables to control in this hobby. Luck has a lot to do with it. Not to mention info on the Internet. Happy hunting!:wave:

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Scour the Internet for intel on what's coming out next, but keep in mind that not all info is reliable. If you live in an area where there are not a lot of Hot Wheels purchasers, you'll have a much easier time finding Treasure Hunts...don't get too frustrated if you don't fine one, either.

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
Welcome aboard. This is a great place.
One place to find out what might be released soon is HotWheelscollectors.com, and also T-Hunted. Between those two places you'll get an idea of what MIGHT be released.
Good job finding two Knight Riders, this has been a casting that a lot of people have wanted, but never found in big quantities. And don't go nuts trying to find Treasure Hunts. Granted they are great to find but if you live in an area that has a lot of collectors sometimes they might get them before you get to the store. Luck and being in the right place at the right time a lot of times.

·
Premium Member
2,263 Posts
Hi CJ11Smith
And welcome to HobbyTalk and the Diecast section.
And as you have already probably noticed people on this site are always willing to help.The three previous people have brought up excellent tips and advice. But I agree with genevapilot, collect what you really want first that way you'll be happy. Chasing those t-hunt's and other more desirable models can get to you sometimes. lol. But it is always nice to find one in the wild.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
And don't go nuts trying to find Treasure Hunts. Granted they are great to find but if you live in an area that has a lot of collectors sometimes they might get them before you get to the store.
Especially when the women in the area are up on the "BIG BUCKS NO WHAMMES" (oh sorry :) ) idea that Treasure Hunts are worth mucho dinero. Overheard stuff at one store (some of it quite funny) but kept my mouth shut :tongue:

·
Premium Member
9,406 Posts
Welcome to Hobbytalk.com CJ11Smith. Collect What You Like. That's What I Do.:wave::thumbsup:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I found this site yesterday and read it for about 2 hours haha. It's great. And I do just buy what I like. I'll walk in Walmart and see a couple beautiful hot rods and have to get them. I can't buy too many at once though, married with a 1 year old. Wife would kill me lol.

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
I can fully understand about your wife killing you.
When ever my wife goes down to our basement and sees my collection, she just shkes her head and says "all that money". I've been collecting Hot Wheels for close to nine years, so there are a lot of cars. But I'm not a collector who buys 30 cars a week, it usually is two or three at a shot excluding K-Days.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts