Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any other models. I found it a flea market years ago. The only I.D. on the chassis is, 1983 C.B.S. INC. Made in Macao. Looks like there might have been a launcher in the back. Uses a AAA battery for the headlights. Rear tires are rubber. About 1/64 scale

·
Registered
893 Posts
damn...this triggers some memories for me, I think I had a 280z car similar to this. Man I can't think right now, but it had a similar color too...ARGH!!

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Do not take this in a negative way but when you post it is very hard to find
your pics and what you had wrote in asking if anyone has ever seen the pc as
your pictures are everywhere on the page... I have to scroll sideways to look
at them and your pics are very large so I have to scroll slow to look at em.

Please when you post can you post your pics so the pics stay on the left hand
side of the page ... It makes it easier to view them and make a comment on them...

Thanks

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
don't know what all the complaining is about, I see them just fine.
This is how it looks on my end ... I have to slide the slide bar at the bottom of the page to be able to view the pics as they are all out of wack.

The image is a snip shot of how the page looks on my end.... In the pic it shows 3 but their is 2 pics on top to the right and 2 pics on the bottom in the center....

In between the pics is his question...

·
Registered
278 Posts
I think I may have a Datsun 280Z from this range too.

Liv n Low, what kind of browser are you using? (IE, FireFox, Chrome, etc) as different browsers can display pages differently.

·
Registered
893 Posts
This is how it looks on my end ... I have to slide the slide bar at the bottom of the page to be able to view the pics as they are all out of wack.

The image is a snip shot of how the page looks on my end.... In the pic it shows 3 but their is 2 pics on top to the right and 2 pics on the bottom in the center....

In between the pics is his question...

ahh...gotcha, might be related to the browser, I'd tell you to give Chrome a shot if you are not using it already.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
The CBS on the base is throwing me for a loop as well as the batteries. The wheels are a dead on match for the Ideal Slam Shifters, maybe another company made them for Ideal and made their own similar lines?

ps- the pics show up fine for me using Firefox

·
Registered
476 Posts
IMO, I think that is one of the Lighted Slam Shifters brought out around 1984 under C.B.S. instead of Ideal. I had the lighted '82-84 or so Camaro a long time ago in blue / gold. A quick search on Google found info on Lighted Slam Shifters along with photos of both the original Ideal and later lighted line-up by C.B.S. I also found a photo of that same '69 Charger packaged as a Lighted Slam Shifter.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the info guys! I am always learning something new here. I haven't ran across another one yet.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Fine pics

I use firefox and they are turning up normal for me too. It is the way your browser may be set up. but if you are not having any problems with anyone else s pics then, it probably isn't that. Fire fox is displaying them fine on my end. That is a cool car. That would make a nice heavy stock down hill racer???

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Firefox here and it looks fine.

OK, that out of the way. I can't add any knowledge about the car, but it is waaaaaaaaaay cool!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Thanks guys... Its just this guys thread that is all wacky on my end.. I've
been using IE.... I have to scroll to the right to be able to to type on this
thread.... All the other threads load just fine... Its all good :p ...

Sorry for the rant. :D

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I did it that way just to drive you crazy! MOOOHA HA HA!!!...Just kidding!:tongue: No offense taken Liv N Low. I thought that maybe something was screwy with my computer at first.

·
Registered
325 Posts
"Ideal" as a whole was bought by CBS Toys in 1983 as far as I can figure according to Package backs. So they are the same Slam Shifters wheels as they were with the earlier "Slam Shifters" Unlighted series from 1982 & 1983. All Lighted Slam Shifters have the same Base.

Afterwards some packages used the "Ideal" name and some did not - can't say one way or the other on which packaging came out first - as the series ended in 1984 as far as I can find out.

Some packaged Lighted Slam Shifters - with or without the "Slam Shifter" firing mechanism -

Back of Package - Shows an "Mail In Corvette" that was available then.

By the way the earlier Unlighted version of the "Slam Shifters" Charger was available in 1982 -83 only as a Track Set Vehicle. After CBS Toys bought Ideal they sold off the stock of unused Track Set cars through a distributor - some cars were found at Truck stops and other unusual places.

I'll add a few Loose examples I have soon.

NUMBER ONE REASON TO COLLECT DIECAST : ENJOYMENT !!!
SO KEEP ON ENJOYING,
Dan (Zeezeerider)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts