Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder how much of a performance difference there would be if you were to take a saddle pack lipo and split them for 1 cell use. For instance, the team checkpoint saddle packs. The capacity is there, but the c rating is a little lower. Would that be noticable on a very small track?

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
I wonder how much of a performance difference there would be if you were to take a saddle pack lipo and split them for 1 cell use. For instance, the team checkpoint saddle packs. The capacity is there, but the c rating is a little lower. Would that be noticable on a very small track?
i am 100% sure you could see the difference in oval racing!

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
It's been done. when single cell was first brought up, we had some local guys do it. They were considerably slower than the 4 cell /17.5 combo, and when the actual 1 cell packs became available, the difference in performance was painfully obvious on the track.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Yea, right now any of the single cell packs on the market would work well for you. I haven't had a chance to run a Reedy pack but I'm sure it will have no problem keeping up with the SMC's and Thunder Power packs.

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. I prefer to use the bullet connectors on my cars. Makes for a cleaner installation!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts