Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Old School Dinosaur
2,130 Posts
Havent seen them in extreme N.E. Indiana or extreme southern lower Michigan.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Dear All:

I been seing the Hornets for nearly a month now;the Mustangs more recently.Also did saw the ones with the colors shown above.

·
Registered
334 Posts
VelocityArts said:
Hello,
I am looking for the 1971 Sports Roof Mustangs. Can't find these here in So Cal.
Anybody that can find me these cars I would be very much appreciative.

Thanks-

Peter

www.velocity-art.com

email:

[email protected]

Dear Peter:

Try the Wal Mart located at the City of Duarte (Mountain Road,close to the freeway). This particular store always has the shelf loaded (I thought that was only during the end of the year season,but I was mistaken).I will be there this weekend because I am looking for the Reel Rides from Malibu plus some more Fresh Cherries to use as trades.Fact is,the ones in my area (close to Van Nuys) always has a Yellow Hornet on their pegs.

Good Luck,

Nick K

·
Registered
334 Posts
69Stang said:
stanmmx said:
Also did saw... QUOTE]

:p Snicker... he talks that way to! :tongue:

Just messen with ya' Stanmmx, welcome to the board.

Dear 69Stang:

Thanks; you will see several of my comments about this (Motormax) and other Manufacturers. I just wish they had a Chapter for Welly (another of my favorites).

Best Regards,

Nick K

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Nick,

I agree, Welly makes some very nice pieces, and combined with their price structure, they are even more appealing. Is the diecast hunting good on the West Coast?

Ward

·
Registered
334 Posts
69Stang said:
Nick,

I agree, Welly makes some very nice pieces, and combined with their price structure, they are even more appealing. Is the diecast hunting good on the West Coast?

Ward

Dear Ward:

Yes and no.A very famous Toy Show which existed from 1976 Ceased activities in 2002 (the Organizer of it blamed eBay) and there I found many,many interesting items and bought entire collection three times.Two remain;I still have to check on that.Toy Stores (you know,the small-run ones) are also closing,but some good Hobby Stores such as Allied and Burbank House of Hobbies are still active,and they are one of the final plus places to go if one wants something different than Toys R Us or Wal Mart. Finally,the Hoarders are still very - and mean very - active here,in the Los Angeles Area,so is nearly impossible to find the 'wanted' pieces - Motormax Gremlin X or 1/87 Fresh Cherries,Matchbox Hearse and Double Decker,Mattel Batmobile among others.

But is all that what makes this hobby fun - the Hunt.For some other collectors,I guess,prefer to pay inflated prices at eBay.

Nick K

1 - 20 of 27 Posts