Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have Fun Hobbies in Vienna OH (near Youngstown) will be starting off road racing this Sunday at 1PM. The dirt oval will be opened soon. The track is located near Rt. 11 and Rt. 82. The address is 3182 Warren Sharon Rd. Vienna Ohio 44473. The phone number is 330-856-6275. From Rt. 11 take Rt. 82 east to the first cross road which is Scoville North Rd. (Yes cross roads on a 4 lane highway?!?) Turn left. Follow road to the end (not very long approx. 1/2 mile) and turn left on Old 82 a.k.a. Warren Sharon Rd. Go a short distance and follow the "curve" in the road. At end of "curve" look for sign in yard on left side.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure on track size but it's pretty big. They have some pit space under a lean too roof. There's 3-4 big tables. They got them from Scooter's/Extreme/Double D Hobbies that used to be in Niles if you were familiar with that track. I'll see if I can get you the info and maybe the next time I'm out I'll get some digital pics. You can call Have Fun (the number is above)
Paul

·
Registered
605 Posts
:cool:

As of yet, I don't think the track has started. They are in the process of putting up a domed canopy. It is gonna be a pretty nice covered deal when it is done. I don't know the exact size, 40 x 80 maybe? They are pretty much an off-road track, but some of us would really appreciate an oval incorporated into the site. Lance and Pam are very nice people, and they have a fairly stocked hobby shop on site. Hopefully this week of good weather will allow them to get the track closer to being ready. Stop by and check it out.

Dale

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
The track is open we got rained out yesterday:( There supose to make it up next weekend .. Then start over .. Stock truck seems big and monster truck.

·
Registered
800 Posts
The outdoor track is 120 x 65 off road. The doom is 42x80 offroad for winter and rain days. we had a turn out of 20 today for the outdoor track. the classes were 9-stock truck, 9-mod buggy, 3-1/8 buggy 4-monster truck and 4-novice monster truck.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Wow, I didn't even know there was a thread started for this track. Yeah, the track is in good shape and they had a great turnout last Sunday. And it's nice that their races are on Sunday because it won't interfere with Ashtabula.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Ok thanks for the reply. I ran there outdoor track a few times 2 seasons ago. I will try to get a few of us from up this way to go down. When is the Ashtabula crew planning on going?

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
They have an indoor and an outdoor track. Ryan and some people from Ashtabula were talking about coming down this Sunday but I haven't talked to anyone since Saturday.

Vega - They race every Sunday and this last sunday it didn't start until almost 1:00, people usually get there around 10:30 or so but I think because of the larger turnouts they are going to start the races right at 12:00. So it will probably open at 9:00.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Well I doubt they have a website. Yes there is heat. There's a thermometer on the wall and stayed between 55 and 60 all day Sunday. Pit area is kind of cramped limited but I think they're making arrangements for more room very soon. $10 for first class, $8 for additional. They don't allow the 13.5 brushless in stock. Any other info you need? I'll help if I can.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts