Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 3171 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have Fun Hobbies is a family operated Hobby Shop and Track. We have an indoor offroad track that we race on Wednesday nights year round and on Sundays during the Winter.On Sundays in the Summer we race outdoor dirt offroad. Winter we race indoor. Practice on Friday nights during winter with heat. Otherwise practice during open hours on non race days.
Sunday Summer races start time TBA
Sunday Winter races start at 2:00 as attendance picks up, time will be moved back. Call to get current start times.
Wed. races start at 6:30
Shop hours:Sunday opened for those that are racing that day from 11:00- to 1/2 hour after races finish
Monday Noon-7:00pm
Tuesday closed
Wednes Noon-5:00pm
Wednes 5:00-1/2 hour after races finish for those that are
racing
Thurs Noon-7:00pm
Fri Noon-7:00pm
Sat 10:00-4:00pm
Closed Most Major Holidays
We are located at 3182 Warren Sharon Rd. Vienna, Ohio 44473
Phone 330-856-6275
Please visit our website at www.havefunhobbies.com for more info and pics

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
Good to here Sundays are starting back up again. I'll be out for some stock or mod truck and stock or mod CORR action. :)

Who else is coming out this Sunday?

Nice new thread for the new year. :thumbsup:

Off to plow snow now......

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
krisO jammin is in transit. i should have it for wens. you get that b44? we can have some good battles goin on wens. you know you want it, dont ya. yea, yea, yea!:hat:

·
Registered
489 Posts
krisO jammin is in transit. i should have it for wens. you get that b44? we can have some good battles goin on wens. you know you want it, dont ya. yea, yea, yea!:hat:
Oooohhhhh I want it....the whole thing.You just concentrate on getting that jammin all done. I got this 4wd Slash ready for battle.

·
Registered
489 Posts
A lot of people are reluctant to buy a 4wd slash because of the price but ive had mine for about 2 weeks now and I have no regrets. It is a blast to drive and once more of them start showing up we will have some good races.

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
4wd Slash comes with 2.4 radio, brushless motor and ESC = $400

t4 $200 gtb & motor $275 servo $100 = $575

I don't understand the problem?

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
i honestly dont believe i own a car i have less than $400 in. except my 2wd slash and i sold it two months ago for $100. 4wd, $400, your not going to find a cheaper 4wd class. unless you race 1/18.:hat:

·
Registered
49 Posts
well yea from what your getting with it is a good price. but people that have the slash dont even use the radio, people use thier own radio. which is where ebay comes in.u can buy one without the radio n save some money. im not sure what amount u will save, but still..just my opinion..

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
wow when your unemployed thats a ton kriso can you but another one and ill just drive it for you lol
come on john your unemployment is prob. more than most of us make! if not sell that rock crawler. you need a 4wd corr and you know it!:beatdeadhorse:

·
Registered
489 Posts
wow when your unemployed thats a ton kriso can you but another one and ill just drive it for you lol
Im not buying a 2nd one but I guarantee if any of you ran mine 1 time you would find a way to afford one. I dont think its so much the $400 price tag as it is that its a $400 traxxas vehicle. Everyone is used to the $200 price tag of a regular slash and it makes the 4wd version sound expensive.

·
Registered
489 Posts
One thing I can say about the Slash is this....Most people that purchased a 2wd Slash paid about $200 for it with tax. Repair and replacement parts are cheap because they dont typically break. After 6 months of owning a 2wd Slash and beating the crap out of it your able to sell it for about $130 at the track on the 1st race you go to.

Now compare that to a Factory team T4. You get the kit for about $240 for a roller. You sink another $200 into a brushless system and install your radio and servo. You own it for 6 months and during that time you sink at least $125 into replacement parts such as servo savers and front a arms. Now its time to sell it. You remove all your radio gear and put it back to the beat up roller that it is. After lugging it to every track you race for the next 3 months you finally unload it for $100 because your tired of looking at it. Sound familiar.

that scenario makes the 4wd Slash look like a good investment.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
take a $200 slash 2wd put 16 brushed motors in it in less than a year @ aprox. $20 a pop, whats the better deal? not to mention its 4wd and can put down some power. if you think indoor looks fun wait till outdoor! want to talk value, its not uncommon to have around a grand tied up in an electric 1/8. $400 for a 4wd slash is the best deal in r/c right now. if you got the electronics buy an ofna or jammin kit @ $269 and its even cheaper. this class is going to be HUGE! we had 4 the 1st week the slashes came out and i know of atleast 3 or 4 other people that will have one soon. wait and see.:beatdeadhorse:

1 - 20 of 3171 Posts