Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 758 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those who don't already know. Have Fun Hobbies does have an outdoor track. Here is a quick description.
The track compound is a hard pack feild mix that gets a little loamy as the day wears on. Bowties and Crimefighters work great for the MTs.
There is NO lack of soil on this track. Lance always has well thought out jumps and obstacles. Deffinately a tight technical track with lanes that vary between 8' to 10'. Slow is deffinately fast on this track.
The drivers stand is a split level so everyone is pretty well centered on the front straight. Hand rails are perfect height for a stool if you need one.
Lance just informed me that the pits are now right next to the track.
Always plenty of space at the outdoor and indoor pits with water and electric.
After about 1:30pm, the track is partially shaded as well as the drivers stand.
So waterings are quicker as well as less frequent.
The atmosphere is more family than diehard racer oriented. Many father and son teams just like myself. Age range anywhere from 10yrs to late 60's.

So thats it on my description. If there are any key notes that I forgot, please feel free to chime in.
Im not sure on opening day. Lance has a few more things to do to the track but for the most part its ready.
Here are a few pics from the last 3 seasons. Enjoy.

Danny

·
Registered
35 Posts
had a very good turn out on sat. thanks everyone for coming out and having another good race day.lance thanks for another good day.see you next sunday :wave:

·
Registered
800 Posts
We're 8 miles north of Youngstown Oh. I can see rt 11 & 82 clover leaf. Address is 3182 Warren Sharon rd Vienna Oh 44473, on map quest. More info on the thread that I started, its the one with 07 outdoor race season

·
Registered
800 Posts
Jeff do you want a black antenna like you have, or is a chrome one ok? I have a chrome one in stock, if you want a black one let me know before noon and Ill order it on tue.
lance

·
Registered
800 Posts
If it stops snowing anytime soon, We should be outside racing by the end of the month. We'll keep you posted. The track is 120' x 60'. The track will be expanded this summer to 80' wide. The outside classes are 1/8 - 1/18 gas and electric. 3 or more make up a class. In case of bad weather we have the indoor dirt track for a backup. Which is electric only. Ele monster down to 1/18. The inside track is 55' x 40'.
We have Ele, Tables, Porta jon, Water, Concession stand and a Full Line Hobby shop. We race on Sunday at noon. Doors open at 9:00 Bring your vehicles to run and a chair, and a good racing attitude, This is a family oriented facility.
We're located in Northeast Ohio at 3182 Warren Sharon Rd. Vienna Ohio 44473 check map quest. For more info Phone330-856-6275 / e-mail [email protected]
Our Shop hours are m-w-t-f =12-7 Sat 10-4 Sun 12-5 (Race Day) closed tue and holidays. Race fees are $10.00 first class and $8.00 each one after. We a famly plan also

·
Registered
800 Posts
Sat 7 April race results first 3 places in each class.
4 WD Ele Buggy A Main Josh Z. - Victor Y. - Joe D.
4 WD Ele Buggy B Main Torry C. - Talon D. - Maxx C.
Mod Ele Truck A Main Victor Y. - Scott O. - Ben K.
Mod Ele Truck B Main Ben K. - Rick C. - Matt P.
Ele Monster Truck Jake K. - Victor Y. - Lenny N.
Stock Ele Truck A Main Scott O. - John R. - Brian W.
Stock Ele Truck B Main Gary R. - Alex F. - Clint M.
Mod Ele Buggy Brandon Y. - Ellington S. - Jeff B.
Another Great Race Day. We'll be back on reg. Sunday racing the 15th, Which is #5 of the series.I will post the 4th week Series Results soon.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Here's the standings for week 4 of the series
Stock Truck---------------Brian W. - Rick C. - Scott O.
Mod Truck----------------Victor Y. - Scott O. - Bill K.
Stock Buggy--------------Ellington S. - Chuck L. - Jim M.
Mod Buggy----------------Brandon Y. - Jeff B. - Lenny N.
Ele Monster Truck---------Lenny N. - Jake K. - Victor Y.
4WD Ele Buggy------------Victor Y. Maxx C. - Josh Z.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Roll Call

I guess now is a good time to see who is running what this season out @ Have Fun. There will be 3 MTs in my pitts this season. I really hope that we have enough entries in each class for an A & B main.

Tudogs

1 - 20 of 758 Posts