Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats everyones opinnion on diff types of hauler bags . looking for easyer way to get gear to the track other than rubber maid toates.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
whats everyones opinnion on diff types of hauler bags . looking for easyer way to get gear to the track other than rubber maid toates.
I always like the trinity T8 bag but it was a little to pricey for me so i got the 1:8 ofna bag.. its the same size but its almost half the price. dont get me wrong the T8 bag has some options that make it better but i didnt think it was worth the extra money.. i have had my ofna bag for almost five years now and it still looks and functions perfectly!!

hope this helps donnie

david

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I have a couple of plastic totes i use with straphandles. A guy i race with got me on to those. They work great can carry 3 at one time like a hauler bag. Google straphandle to find them.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Can you check the 1/8 haulers for flying without extra charges?
You can check the 1/8 bag without any extra charges but it will have to be under the 50lbs limit or you will pay an over weight fee. Since this bag is big it weighs a lot empty so once you put items in it, it's still pretty empty at 50lbs. I recomend the 1/10 hauler bag for flying you can jam pack it (depends on items) and it will be right at 50lbs.

Monti

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Anything with wheels is a plus. I've had about 6 1/8th bags over the years and they all seem to rip, brake, fall apart ect. One reason is that you put so much stuff in them that they cant support all the weight. Secondly, I do fly about four times a year with rc stuff and that is what hurts the most, air ports are not kind. I've started using the 1/10 hauler bag and it has been holding up much better after I beefed up the drawers. A reason is that I'm limited to the amount of stuff I can jam in it thus keeping the weight down.

Anything the rolls is your friend.

Monti

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Just a bit of information for everyone on why the bags are so expensive. The US government has an import tax placed on all items considered luggage. Since these bags are considered luggage they fall under a higher import tax compared to other items brought into this country. I can only surmise who lobbied what senator to get this higher taxed placed.

Monti

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Don't hear about that much. Whatever the reason is, we mostly don't have an import tax. That's why HK is doing so good and everything is Made in China. But it cost the chinese a pretty descent tax to import American goods. I've heard it's that way for every country except U.S. Sucks but taxing imports is the only way to bring industry back to U.S. in my limited world gov't educated opinion. I do remember hearing Clinton saying that we shouldn't be getting penalized for getting something from some other country because they might have a better quality product than is available here.

Interesting find: Costa Rica people don't work 30hr weeks, have Dirt Cheap Doctor visits and free healthcare. They got something figured out. I think it's got something to do with blue gold.

So don't get on the phone to that Senator just yet! I've had mine to my grandmother twice now for repairs on my TM bag, only woman I know that knows how to use a sewing machine nowadays.

·
Delicious Vinyl Graphics
4,284 Posts
Anything with wheels is a plus. I've had about 6 1/8th bags over the years and they all seem to rip, brake, fall apart ect. One reason is that you put so much stuff in them that they cant support all the weight. Secondly, I do fly about four times a year with rc stuff and that is what hurts the most, air ports are not kind. I've started using the 1/10 hauler bag and it has been holding up much better after I beefed up the drawers. A reason is that I'm limited to the amount of stuff I can jam in it thus keeping the weight down.

Anything the rolls is your friend.

Monti
Agreed! I've destroyed every bag I've had- same reason... I manage to pack 200lbs of stuff into it...

I went with the Trinity T18 bag for that reason... bit smaller, holds less stuff (that and it fits in my Caddy's trunk, lol)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Kenny and alot of the guys who race at Finisline Raceway use the Racer's Edge 1/8 hauler. We stock them in the hobby shop and they sell good. I haven't heard any complaints yet.

·
Registered
484 Posts
another good bag is the wingtote. most durable bag i have used so far
i just recently purchased a Wingtote 1/8 buggy Pro Roller. So far I like it. lots of room for all your spare parts and such!!! It wieghs a lot when I have it filled up and ready for the track!!! However the wheels and extendable handle make manuvering it easily.:dude:

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
i just recently purchased a Wingtote 1/8 buggy Pro Roller. So far I like it. lots of room for all your spare parts and such!!! It wieghs a lot when I have it filled up and ready for the track!!! However the wheels and extendable handle make manuvering it easily.:dude:
Load it up! You didn't come to watch!!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Donnie, we switched to the 1\18th scale trinity bag for our pancar stuff when they first came out. I managed to get all the stuff i had in a bigger bag,just needed to buy all new plastic containers that fit in the small bag. I still have the first batch of f8 bag's,i was one of the first oval guy's to roll into the carpet track with one years ago,i still have it with zero issues, it's used for dirt oval now.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
lots of great feedback- i think i have settled on the racers edge hauler myself- now where is the best place to get one for a)price b) quick shipping to vermont!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts