Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Oxidation Genius
31,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OTB, with slight paint variation - Intermediate Blue topsides with dark Navy blue patches. Light Ghost Gray belly. I absolutely did NOT feel like putting on all the tiny no step decals, or the missile stripes. I dug a lightning bolt decal out of the spares box. A Shinden without a lightning bolt is just wrong.

Fantastic kit. Hasegawa gave it every bit as much attention as they do models of real planes.

Think that's enough missiles?

·
Oxidation Genius
31,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yeah - I had to replace those wingtip probes with brass rod. The plastic ones are molded onto the outer wing panels and naturally delicate. They lasted for about 85% of the time I was working on the model before they broke off from handling. Watch out for that when you build it. maybe leave the outer panels off until the very end.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
I was wondering if someone would build one of these. Yours came out excellently. The kit has been on my wishlist since I heard about it. Good to see how it comes out.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There are extras parts for the exhausts so you can pose them straight aft or drooped for VTOL. The are drooped wingtips also. The tails rotate up and down, but I glued them where they are. The finish is actually pretty messy thanks to a bad batch of flat navy blue, but enough coats of Future and Micro Flat seemed to have made it hard to see the flaws. Yay!

Weathering is a gray wash on top and a black wash underneath, with some selective chalk-pastel streaking.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts