Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my next build which I am really looking forward to doing......

The Keel Strakes have been added to each Hull Half...

I put my Mobile Phone in the Pic to give you an Idea of the kit's Size......More Photos coming as I work on the little Jem of a Kit...

Cheers Mark...

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I want to someday pick up one of these 1/350 Hasegawa kits, but the ones I saw at the hobby shop were $100 and up. I will have to save some money up I guess :wave:

I look forward to watching your build again, Mark!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Hull and Main Deck is now together. It goes together well but why do the After Deck in 2 Parts. It leaves an ugly seam that will be fun to get rid of. Other than that there are no problems...Cheers Mark

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Prop Shafts are now in place and a few spots of Filler and some Sanding required. More shots further on down the Track....Cheers Mark

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't been on for a while but I am still having fun with the Yukikaze. The next few Pics show you where I am up to....Cheers Mark

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Great catching up with you today Mark.:wave:
Your Yukikaze's looking great so far!!:thumbsup: The pics don't do it justice after seeing it first hand!

Chris.:)

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Looking great so far! Are the railings photo etch, or are they plastic? They look good whatever they are :thumbsup:

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looking great so far! Are the railings photo etch, or are they plastic? They look good whatever they are :thumbsup:
Thanks Kirk. Your comments are much appreciated. The Railings are all Photo-Etch. For the most part, they are from the Hasegawa update Set for this particular Kit....Cheers Mark

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I have started adding smaller details to the Yuki. The Main Armament is now installed and most of the small ancillary items are now in place. more to come soon...Cheers Mark

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Its amazing how much that little bit of PE enhances the looks of these ship kits :thumbsup: Its coming along nicely, Mark!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Its amazing how much that little bit of PE enhances the looks of these ship kits :thumbsup: Its coming along nicely, Mark!
Thanks for the comments Kirk. Haven't been on for a while for various reasons but I thought I had better keep you updated on this little Project. I only have a couple more Hours of work to go on Yuki before she is complete. I just have to Weather and Clear Flat her then add the Bridge Windows and Searchlight Lens and she is done. Any C and C's are welcome...Cheers Mark

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Hi Mark - Thanks for the update! She looks gorgeous, that rigging really is breath taking :thumbsup: I know how it is with time, I spend too much time on these forums and not enough time modeling :lol:

Take care :wave:

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Paul and Kirk...Thanks for the kind comments. I will hopefully finish the Kit off on the Weekend....Cheers Mark

1 - 19 of 19 Posts