Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on my way to work this morning and stopped to put gas in the truck at my usual gas station, so I put in $10.00 and paid the attendant, I turn around and what do I see but what looks like a JL card poking out from behind some other stuff so of course I have to take a closer look,even though I am running a litle bit late. It was the Spiderman series like 7-11 had, all 12 were there including a Chrysler Atlantic WL so I pick it up and go to pay for it but oops that was my last $10 and no time to hit the bank so I had to leave it hangin'. It drove me crazy thinking about it all day at work, (probably not a good thing since I work with large amounts of explosives) but after work I head back to the gas station and to my suprise it was still there:) . BTW the name of the gas station is Walkers I don't know if it is a local name or it is a large chain so this might be a heads up to start checking Walkers gas stations if they are in your area.

Sorry for the long read, but good luck hunting.

Steve

·
Premium Member
5,478 Posts
I wish I had those gas stations around me.
Cool story! Great score,...now you know what to do?!

...of course I would have NEVER left it hanging, I'd just put it where nobody would ever find it, then get it whenever I want!;)

·
Banned
8,047 Posts
Funny story. Never has happened to me...probably never will....I would buy it with my debit card.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Yup, had almost the exact thing happen to me! A local mom & pop pharmacy, was picking up a script and had no more money. They had 3 JL's on the peg and one was a WL. I had no bux but I shagged back at lunchtime and it was still there so I got it. I asked the man if they had any cases in the back and he said no they didn't get cases, thier distributor just hangs 2 or 3 when he comes in with other GM!

By the way this was years ago and I can't even remember which WL it was. Havent seen any there since. Congrats on your find!

·
Premium Member
5,478 Posts
Hey Pony, I thought you'd be at the truck race tonight...
You going to RIR this weekend?
I can't 'cause I'm festing next weekend, and didn't want to push my luck with time off work.:cry:

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
naw I only do the truck race if DW's racing. As for sat night tix....BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I don't have that kind of money to pay scalper prices. Hell The regular price is bad enough (and thoses sell out waaaay in advance) Unless you know someone who works at the track you might as well hang it up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts