Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if any of you have seen my A.E.F. Design Colonial Marine figures? I can't find them ANYWHERE!!

Is is just me or do any of you guys loose sfuff from time to time? I mean, come on, my house ain't that big! Not only that, I just did a MAJOR reshuffle of ALL my models and never did come across them. Among others like an 1:1000 NX-01 plus a few other kits. What happened to them? They just get up and walk off, or what? Gees.

I'm in my mid 50's and consider myself organized but I loose modeling stuff from time to time. Hope my marbles aren't next....

So, if any of you see any of my missing stuff, would you let me know please?

hal9001-

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
Wondering if any of you have seen my A.E.F. Design Colonial Marine figures? I can't find them ANYWHERE!!

Is is just me or do any of you guys loose sfuff from time to time? I mean, come on, my house ain't that big! Not only that, I just did a MAJOR reshuffle of ALL my models and never did come across them. Among others like an 1:1000 NX-01 plus a few other kits. What happened to them? They just get up and walk off, or what? Gees.

I'm in my mid 50's and consider myself organized but I loose modeling stuff from time to time. Hope my marbles aren't next....

So, if any of you see any of my missing stuff, would you let me know please?

hal9001-
Did you look behind the sofa? I find a lot of stuff back there....

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I've had things disappear from time to time myself. I've moved alot over the last 30 years. Things get backed in boxes either in a hurry by myself or by movers. Everything always turns up eventually, sometimes in a month or two. A perfume bottle collection of my wifes went missing after a move. I'd swear we looked everywhere before giving up. I decided the movers either stole thwem or broke them and "swept them under the rug" Six years and two moves later we found them! Packed in empty Longaberger boxes..that were packed inside larger empty longaberger boxes! Your not alone! LOL..

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I know the feeling. Consider these possiblilties:

1. They were carried off by Gremlins?

2. Fell into that random black hole that keeps popping up in along the back wall in the game room? (This happens to me a lot)

3. Wife threw it out when you weren't looking? ("He has so much stuff he'll never miss them")

4. Kids knocked them off shelf and they got broken so they hid it so you wouldn't find out?

5. Cat/dog/pet monkey ate them?

6. You only imagined you owned them?

7. "Oldtimers Disease" is kicking in early?

BTW: If you ever decide you can't live without them and have to replace them they will mysteriously instantaneously reappear upon arrival of the new ones.

Regards,
MattL

PS: I took them and will give them back for say, $1,000,000 :wave:

·
Banned
1,657 Posts
I spent about 10 minutes at work one day taking everything off my work desk looking for my small Phillips screwdriver which I finally found...in my left hand.
The worst part of it is a coworker is the one who "found" it for me.
I still haven't been able to explain that one.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
They're with the rest of what's left of my mind, and in the void that is the floor of my house! :freak:

~ Chris​

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Hal...they might be under my deck :eek::eek:...
Yeah THAT deck...The one that leads directly to HELL!!!
I lost the sign from Godzillas Go Cart there a few years ago now...
...sent in a search party (fully armed)...they haven't been seen since...
...we don't speak of it much around here....and you shouldn't either...
:cool:
Denis

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Hal...they might be under my deck :eek::eek:...
Yeah THAT deck...The one that leads directly to HELL!!!
I lost the sign from Godzillas Go Cart there a few years ago now...
...sent in a search party (fully armed)...they haven't been seen since...
...we don't speak of it much around here....and you shouldn't either...
:cool:
Denis
I tellin ya its a black hole! Starts up there in Canada under THAT deck of yours, bores down through middle earth and then pops out in the Tasman Sea right smack dab in the middle between Australia and New Zealand. Perhaps we could enlist Chris/Auroranut's services to form a posse to find your Gokart part, the search party and the O.P.'s figures. AT LEAST ITS WORTH A TRY! :dude:

MattL

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
We've got nothing to lose...Look I've gathered a bunch of my drunkest pals together...we'll meet by the old Mill at midnight...

...What could possibly go wrong???:freak:
Chris...are you there Mate?
We need your guidence in this Mission from God Himself!!!
Denis:drunk:

Took this video just seconds ago...this is what I saw under my deck!!!

another view...

God help us men!!!

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We need that big Indian and little midget woman from Poltergeist II to jump into that black hole and FIND OUR STUFF! I want my Aliens figures dang it. Gripes my butt to have something and can't find it. :mad:

hal9001-

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
I started looking under the DECK again today....

Yeah ....no luck.....
Mcdee

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
I tellin ya its a black hole! Starts up there in Canada under THAT deck of yours, bores down through middle earth and then pops out in the Tasman Sea right smack dab in the middle between Australia and New Zealand. Perhaps we could enlist Chris/Auroranut's services to form a posse to find your Gokart part, the search party and the O.P.'s figures. AT LEAST ITS WORTH A TRY! :dude:

MattL
Matt, that'd explain the cooked moose bones that have been seen lying scattered on the Great Barrier Reef.
Denis, you really need to tidy up under there mate....and change your diet....

Chris.:)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts