Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else noticed that this years T-HUNTS do not have the TH logo on them...so in the future when these cars are roaming free no one will know...I dont know but I feel kind of cheated...and also what happened to the #1 t-hunt and what is it?
so far
#4 is the vette
#2 is the nissan
#3 is the camaro
where's #1 :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
746 Posts
dragonfly27 said:
Has anyone else noticed that this years T-HUNTS do not have the TH logo on them...so in the future when these cars are roaming free no one will know...I dont know but I feel kind of cheated...and also what happened to the #1 t-hunt and what is it?
so far
#4 is the vette
#2 is the nissan
#3 is the camaro
where's #1 :confused: :confused: :confused:
They don't have to release them in order.
------------
Diecastlive.com

·
Registered
94 Posts
when i first saw that pic of the reg GTO i thought i was looking at a repackage, super looks good though. I wont have a chance at getting either.

·
Registered
7,387 Posts
ok, here's another angle...

when did they start putting the TH logo on the cars?

gotta be 98 or 99?.. every one knows what the 95's look like, and they all had cooler/upgraded wheels on them...but none of those had a tH logo...

..none on the 96's

I think 97 was the worst year for TH's... no logo on those..and just regular wheels on them... very hard to tell if you were even holding a loose TH in yer hand...

IMHO, we are getting back to some crap TH offerings... this super TH thing they came up with is stupid... and nothing offered this year really floats my boat...even that GTO, the regular...eh...and the super with the other wheels? seems like it might look kinda good if it had some real Real Rider rubbers, but stop with putting the bling-bling thin tires on muscle cars..:rolleyes:

·
Registered
12,344 Posts

Thanks southtexasdiecast! Logos started in 2000.

The Super TH thing has really killed the fun for me. I barely find enough to keep a set of 12 going each year, let alone have to worry about 24 cars. I don't appreciate the "Consolation" TH line enough to consider them a substitute for the "Super" THs. I haven't found one Super yet and here a quarter of the year has passed.

·
Registered
12,344 Posts
Well your question did say "When did they start putting the logo on the cars?" :wave: Didn't the '97 Blimp say Treasure Hunt on it when you scrolled the message on it?

·
Registered
7,387 Posts
yea, just looked it up... ya got me on the wording... the blimp did say treasure hunt when you turned the thing, and that was 1997...

..but I did get you on the logo!... the 99 Hot Wheels 500 does have a TH logo on it...

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks Bossman for the pic that was the first I have seen. :thumbsup: ..and about the Tampo thing my point was... since the start of it all, the cars have had either Treasure hunt or TH right :confused: and now it says nothing...umm :freak:

·
Registered
12,344 Posts
dragonfly27 said:
Thanks Bossman for the pic that was the first I have seen. :thumbsup: ..and about the Tampo thing my point was... since the start of it all, the cars have had either Treasure hunt or TH right :confused: and now it says nothing...umm :freak:
E-bay is a great source for pictures. ;) We were discussing when they started imprinting the logo or identifying TH markings on them, but they did not always have an identifying marking on them. Maybe that got lost in the shuffle but there were no markings on the first four years to identify them as THs except for what we think were the words Treasure Hunt on the Blimp.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts