Hobbyist Forums banner

Has anyone made....

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  ClearHooter 
#1 ·
....a 64 FORD Galaxie 4dr? I want to make a Mayberry, NC police crusier.

#5 ·
Don't want to alter something really rare. I was looking at a 2dr HdTp might be able to use the roof from a 64 Chevy Impala and do some cutting & pasting and come up with something similar if not congruent. If rule of thumb holds true 3 to 4 weeks after I finish it someone will come out with one.

#9 · (Edited)
Thought I recalled an issue on this car. Bet they're scarce as hen's teeth now. Wish I'd of got one back when. "The Andy Griffith Show" was and is still one of the best comedy shows that's ever been on TV. Thing about it was there was usually a very good moral to every story. I think "No Time For Sargents" is supposed to be on July 18 on TCM. Got it programed to record.

#10 ·
Thought I recalled an issue on this car. Bet they're scarce as hen's teeth now. Wish I'd of got one back when. "The Andy Griffith Show" was and is still one of the best comedy shows that's ever been on TV. Thing about it was there was usually a very good moral to every story. I think "No Time For Sargents" is supposed to be on July 17. Got it programed to record.
The issue I see is with the fin. Hard to tell for sure from the picture but it looks all wrong. Almost looks as if they tried to shave off the wing so it would look more like a 64, but I can't imagine that really being the case.

#11 · (Edited)
If I recall right the first Mayberry Crusier was, I suppose, a '60 FORD Galaxie. Then they got the '63 or '64 "Gal." If I'm not mistaken they ended up with '65 Galaxie. I don't really recall any different cars from '65 to the end of the series in '68. Any Mayberry trivia fan's out there who know for sure?

Not car related but trivia. I wasn't aware of this until I watched two shows back to back without commercial interuption. The intro theme tune and the closing theme tune are in two different keys. :eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.