Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else seen the new Gold Series hanging on the pegs for days?

Maybe the price of $5.99 is a factor. Maybe the production should have been 3500 or even 2500 instead of 5000.

The pic was taken at a TRU today. These have been hanging on the pegs since last week. TRU had a truck last night but no new stock was put out today. I stopped there yesterday on my way home from work and the same amount of cars were there. There were also four Gold Series cars that were on a shelf because there wasn't room for them on the pegs.

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
I`d buy multiples if I collected any of those castings but my local store has loaded pegs also_Other series seem to be selling well.

·
Registered
929 Posts
There are a few of that series left here, but they've been here for over two weeks. Some of the other series are selling but not the Coke. That's been on the pegs for one week now and only the Coronet's missing.

·
Vacation Needed
7,577 Posts
I haven't really seen any of those, but I did see some GreenLights hanging on the pegs at my local Meijer's. And they were only $3.99. :freak:

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Haven't been out to the stores since last week but I've seen a couple of those white Fairlanes listed on the bay lately and both of them were fetching prices in the teens. And they weren't listed as WL's :freak:

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Our TRU sold these out fast; only the purple GTX was left.

It's too bad JL can't smarten up and sell them for $4.99, which would seem more in line with their actual value. Personally I would dump the display case, and lower the price even more.

The white Fairlane is a beauty, though, and well worth having.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Honestly, I haven't been to a TRU in a while. I thought about going there today, but I talked myself out of it. :freak: Eh. Oh well.

·
Lookout the Mac is Back!!
8,413 Posts
BluntFronts said:
It's too bad JL can't smarten up and sell them for $4.99, which would seem more in line with their actual value. Personally I would dump the display case, and lower the price even more.
Its not JL setting the price of $5.99 its the retailer. We sell the Gold Series and Muscle Gold Series for $4.75 each. People need to remember that final sales prices are the store's decision, NOT JL's. If the car prices seem to high, look around, there are some major differences in JL prices out there

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Macs_Little_Car said:
If the car prices seem to high, look around, there are some major differences in JL prices out there
How true, Wal-Mart, Target, and good ole' Mac's have varing prices on just the regular releases.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Macs_Little_Car said:
Its not JL setting the price of $5.99 its the retailer. We sell the Gold Series and Muscle Gold Series for $4.75 each. People need to remember that final sales prices are the store's decision, NOT JL's. If the car prices seem to high, look around, there are some major differences in JL prices out there
Sorry - I guess I forgot I paid less online for them. It's strange that TRU would undercut WM on regulars but then go over the top on the Gold Series. I guess I will never understand corporate thinking!

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
please tell me you bought that bug

ive yet to see the coke series in washington i found 2 of the bugs and a wl roadster in oregon but not a single coke car in my home state

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
vw-wl-collector said:
please tell me you bought that bug

ive yet to see the coke series in washington i found 2 of the bugs and a wl roadster in oregon but not a single coke car in my home state
Sorry, I passed on all the JL cars today. I bought all of the Gold Series Muscle Cars a few weeks ago.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts