Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've sent money for acouple of motors to this guy over 3 weeks ago... Not wanting to jump to conclusions, but if you've had dealing with him, let me know.

Thanks...

J

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
I researched this individual, a while back. I was going to make him an offer on an item. Take a look at the attached picture to see what I found right off on eBay.
Hope this helps....

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rhesus!

Whereabouts do you race? on-road or off-road? I've been running at Ultra.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Micro,
Don't race, actually. Mostly just run up and down the parking lot at work, and literally 'backyard bash'.
I'm about an hour east of Cincy, so have never gotten into the racing thing. I occasionally stop in at Pit Row if I'm in the area, for goodies.
Anyway, Good luck with your motors,
-John

·
Registered
96 Posts
I am currently waiting on a speed control from him,,,,,,,I sent him the money order,,and haven't heard anything from him,,,so I am patiently waiting,,,,however,,,let me state our deal is fairly recent so I am not flaming him,,,just waiting,,,,,,I have all my bases covered with delivery confirmation and will keep posted on any info,,,,so far I consider my deal a good one since I have no reason to think otherwise,,,,,,,just posting my info thats all,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,thanks Slowpoke17 :wave:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Update,,,,,,,Just to update anyone on my deal with Sprint,,,,I did receive my speed control yesterday (Friday) in what I would consider a pretty timely fashion,,,,,,I have yet to see if the speed control works but I have to assume that it does,,,,I would at this point do another deal with him,,,,,,if the speedo doesn't work then I will post accordingly,,,,,,,,,,thanks Slowpoke17

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Use Caution!!

It's been 4 weeks since I sent (Kenny and/or Julie Danley) "Sprint7x racing" money for acouple of motors. I've since email them twice to see what's up. Both times no response.

At this point, I would not recommend dealing with this person. I know some have received their purchased items, however, I have not, and have not recieved any responses to emails either.

Buyer Beware!

James

·
Registered
24 Posts
I know someone that bought some 'like new wheels and tires' off of this guy. Yes, he did eventually got them, but they were anything but like new. They were worn down, inserts falling out, high profile inserts in low profile tires, bent rims, they were trash. Just a heads up, beware of him!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Here's the PM that I got from the buyer. I won't say his name, but here's the PM....
We worked out a deal under ('Lots of new sedan tires') for 2 sets of 4 mounted Sorex 32R's... He wanted a money order... He was very slow to ship... When the package finally arrived, I found:

1 set of 4 mounted Sorex 32R's almost worn out, rims chewed up, a visible groove in the center of the tread, etc... But this isn't the worst...

The other set of tires were 26mm rims, with LOW PROFILE ProLine 1092's with HIGH PROFILE 24mm inserts. Tires have a "hump" in the middle 2/3 due to the use of the wrong inserts, the tires are heavily worn, rims are badly chewed up... Totally useless!

Now he is ignoring my attempts to get him to work this out...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sprint7x Racing

For $32, this person sold out their 'name' and 'word'. Hope it was worth it!

Buyer's beware!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hello I have just bought some motors batteries and tires from sprint and they were all like he describe maybe even better than he described. I think you people need to figure out all the facts before you jump to conclusions about the guy. Have you ever thought that things get lost in the mail. It does happen and a person selling you the item is not responsible for that unless you ask him to get insurance for the item he sending. So before you go bashing others and jumping to conclusions try to get all the facts first and try to contact the person and work things out before you go Name bashing. And finally it is not right to use there real name like that unless they royally screwed you out of a lot of money. That is why we all have screen names.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Screen names? I think when someone gets screwed they have every right to post the details. Too many goofs hiding behind screen names thinking they are invincible. Read some of the horror stories posted on this site, some guys have a bunch screen names that they jump to and fro whenever the crap gets too deep. These are honest hard working people trying to scrape a little out of the budget to support an expensive hobby, trying to save a few bucks buying used. Low lifes that rip decent people off should be exposed, every bit of info that can be dug up should be posted, as long as it is a rip off. Things do get lost in the mail, but when someone has been sent money, and then refuses to answer any e-mails about it? KInda makes ya go "hmmmm?" doesn't it.......just my 2 cents worth.........

·
Banned
850 Posts
Marcotic said:
Screen names? I think when someone gets screwed they have every right to post the details. Too many goofs hiding behind screen names thinking they are invincible. Read some of the horror stories posted on this site, some guys have a bunch screen names that they jump to and fro whenever the crap gets too deep. These are honest hard working people trying to scrape a little out of the budget to support an expensive hobby, trying to save a few bucks buying used. Low lifes that rip decent people off should be exposed, every bit of info that can be dug up should be posted, as long as it is a rip off. Things do get lost in the mail, but when someone has been sent money, and then refuses to answer any e-mails about it? KInda makes ya go "hmmmm?" doesn't it.......just my 2 cents worth.........
you tell man!!!!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Have you also taken into account that some people don't sit on the net day in and day out all day long. That people have busy schedules and they don't check there email and days and weeks at a time. It aint like the guy screwed anybody out of a load of money. It is also the price you pay by buying and selling on web sites like this. All I was trying to say is the guy is legit. Also if the hobby is to expensive you shouldn't be doing it, and if you work so hard you should have enough to buy new.

·
Banned
850 Posts
sirjamez said:
Have you also taken into account that some people don't sit on the net day in and day out all day long. That people have busy schedules and they don't check there email and days and weeks at a time. It aint like the guy screwed anybody out of a load of money. It is also the price you pay by buying and selling on web sites like this. All I was trying to say is the guy is legit. Also if the hobby is to expensive you shouldn't be doing it, and if you work so hard you should have enough to buy new.
So what you are saying is hard working (poor) people sude get ripped off? and not be aloud the have radio controled toys? Do you kick puppys too?

·
Registered
31 Posts
No I don't think anybody should get ripped off anf hard working people do deserve to have hobbies. I am just saying if you can't aford the hobby than you shouldn't do it. Also I am a very loving father and I do have a dog and a cat that I don't kick. All I originally wanted to say is lay off sprint. Just because he had a deal or too go bad doesn't mean the guy is a scammer. I know him well and i have raced with him for a long time and he is not out to rip anybody off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I apologize if my 2 cents came across as a slam against this gentleman, it was in no way meant to do so. I'm a responsible hard working father as well, but I get tired of reading about these people that are just out to take as much as they can. I have a great job, I work long hours, and if I really wanted to I guess I could just run and buy new and not have to worry about it. But you know what, my daughter has beautiful teeth, to the tune of $22 grand, my furnace just calved, another $3 grand. Not a sob story, no BOO HOO here, just facts of life. I love racing, it's expensive and I wouldn't mind saving a couple of bucks, just tired of getting screwed. Again, this was in no way a slam against this person, my apologies if it came out that way.....

·
Premium Member
8,626 Posts
I usually don't get involved with threads liek these but I have been asked by a coupel of ppl to look into it
sirjamez I have already addressed you
Marcotic You are not out of line in any of your post

As for Sprint7xracing I wont post my opinion on it yet But I will ask where is this person They have not posted on here to tell there side yet and why haven't they

Please keep this thread productive and in a respectable manner or else I will close it and take action against all parties invovled

Remeber there is a reason why ppl come to this site
and the main reason is most ppl on it treat each other with respect

Promatchracer

·
Registered
2 Posts
sirjames i just dont get it if you know this guy and say that he is a good trader then y then dont you do something and talk to him and be the man of the hour and end this you must be freinds with him or you would not stand up for him it is things like thisy alot of trades dont happen just my opin :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts