Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at SSM looking to buy JIA's resin LIS chariot tracks but wanted someones take on them. I hesitated because the picture they have posted isn't very close and it's hard to see any good detail. Looking at them, from what I can tell, there may be some issues with quality. Seems there are some pretty bad tread issues with the tires at the pour plugs. It looks like some areas missing around the outer tread. It's hard to tell but it looks like there is tread detail that would make repair difficult.

Also, the outter tracks look very inconsistant in length. I can't tell if this is excess that needs to be removed or if they are just that irregular. The cleats look irregular too. Again, it's just hard to tell in that picture. I wish JIA had better pictures on their site.

I know the kit tracks aren't all that great either so it would come down to the lesser of the two evils.

By chance does anyone have any good close up pics they've taken during a build maybe? I'd like to see better detail before forking out 40 bucks!

Thanks for any help you can offer.

hal9001-

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
I was at SSM looking to buy JIA's resin LIS chariot tracks but wanted someones take on them. I hesitated because the picture they have posted isn't very close and it's hard to see any good detail. Looking at them, from what I can tell, there may be some issues with quality. Seems there are some pretty bad tread issues with the tires at the pour plugs. It looks like some areas missing around the outer tread. It's hard to tell but it looks like there is tread detail that would make repair difficult.

Also, the outter tracks look very inconsistant in length. I can't tell if this is excess that needs to be removed or if they are just that irregular. The cleats look irregular too. Again, it's just hard to tell in that picture. I wish JIA had better pictures on their site.

I know the kit tracks aren't all that great either so it would come down to the lesser of the two evils.

By chance does anyone have any good close up pics they've taken during a build maybe? I'd like to see better detail before forking out 40 bucks!

Thanks for any help you can offer.

hal9001-
I've purchased several items from JAI, with no quality issues. But not the tracks. Gil seems to be a pretty straight shooter.
Just sayin'.

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
I've purchased several items from JAI, with no quality issues. But not the tracks. Gil seems to be a pretty straight shooter.
Just sayin'.
I have the tracks, but I haven't worked with them yet. I looked at the parts and they are fine. The wheels are OK, maybe you'd have to sand a bit of flash off but the treads seem fine too. They will take a bit of work to install them-soften them up in warm water, but it just takes patience!
And everything I've ever bought from Gil has been excellent.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts