Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Way back in 1973, I was looking through the Hot Wheels at K-Mart in Cookeville,TN. As I sifted through all the cars one caught my attention as it had an obvious plastic looking body.

I pulled the pack off the rack and upon further inspection (looking at the bottom of the car) I realized that this was a Sizzler in a Hot Wheel pack! I was a little concerned about this and reported it to the employee working the toy department.

Me, being 11 years old, I don't think the employee put much stock in what I was trying to tell him. I tried to convince him but he would not believe it was a $5.00 (or whatever they cost then) car in a .69 cent package.

So, I had done my part in being honest to no avail. I then took the car and bought it. It was a red Sizzler which I believe was that year's Ferrari. I had a great time with the car and could not believe my luck of finding a Sizzler in a Hot Wheels pack. Looking back, I should have never opened it and put it away somewhere safe!

Anybody else ever run across this?!

Jim Norton
Huntsville, AL

·
Registered
826 Posts
I was with my dad and some friends back around 1974-5 and found at a Harts family center some 2 packs (baggie) most had the Indy eagle and the Shelby Turbine.I found 2 of these packs that came with a King Kuda chrome club car. I only got 1 with the kuda and left the 2nd. I should have probably picked up both of them but I was only about 10-11 at the time. Oh well. Chuck. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wondering

I always wondered how a Sizzler could even get in a Hot Wheels package? Surely, the 2 line of cars were on two different packaging lines.....Hot Wheels in a box Sizzlers in a case.

I always thought someone at Mattel might have mixed one in to see what would ever happen to it!

This still baffles me 37 years later!

Jim Norton
Huntsville, AL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts