Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is a problem with a b&s intek single cylinder. has new starter and battery. i have adjusted the valves. cold starts fine,but when i shut it off and try to restart after a few minutes it will try to turnover till it gets to the compression stroke. could this be a worn compression release mechanism? any feedback would be welcome. also the flywheel key is ok :confused:

·
Registered
750 Posts
maybe, but if it was the cold start may not have worked at all... maybe try replacing it or the starter is dying and doesnt work well

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what ithought to. but after it warms up does'nt it make sense that a warmed up cylinder would make more compression? thanks for the input. this is driving me batty

·
Registered
272 Posts
It could be as simple as a bad sparkplug breaking down with the heat. If that didn't solve the problem I think I would look at the exhaust valve lash setting again just to be sure it's not to loose.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its not a running issue its a cranking issue.the starter is new as well as the bettery and the plug. guess i,ll have to tear it down and make sure the acr is moving freely

1 - 11 of 11 Posts