Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Harbor Hobby & Raceway of Winthrop Harbor, IL is excited to announce its Winter 2007 1/10th Scale Oval Race Series. The series begin on February 10 (Saturdays) and run for the next 14 weeks. Start time will be 3:00pm. Track will open up at 10:00AM. The track features are: Brand new CRC Racing Carpet and the new AMBRC3 Scoring with live Broadcast of lap times via the internet. The track size is 100' x 36' giving you a straight a way over 80' long. It will also feature the plastic type ends for the corners.

The race series is 14 weeks long with two drop weeks. Trophies and gift cards will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place during week 15th racing and pizza party.

Please check out our website for more details on our store and track. www.harbor-hobby.net If you would like more information you can call us at 847-246-1762.

·
Registered
771 Posts
For anyone who is interested the track is only one mile from the Illinois Wisconsin border and about an hour from the triclone at the most.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Made it out today for the first day of oval practice. The run line mesured 204 feet and the groove line was 190 feet. The fastest my 4300 car ran was a 4.59 second lap on a very green track. The cars should be in the low 4's when the groove is in and the car is set up. I was very impresed for the first day on the track and I was able to keep the car pinned full throttle once the tires got a few laps on them.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Wow - another track opens close to me - woo hoo! I will definitely be there a few times for the Saturday oval this year - not every time, but a few.

·
Registered
771 Posts
It was a blast for the first time on the track. As soon as the traction comes up in the track it si going to be fast. My lap times were ok, I didnt really put a set up on the car and jump the roll out up to where it should be due to the fact there was no traction on the track. I hope I can get some people to come out and practice with me so we can get some good ideas on how the track is going to be.

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
What time does oval racing start on Saturdays and what time do the doors open?
How many Qual 2 or 3?

Dave D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This will be the first week for Oval Racing. We will be open up at 11:00AM Races are at 3:00PM. We plan to race 3 Qualifying Rounds and a Main. This is all subject to change after the first week. We would like to get input from the drivers to find out what they want in a racing program.

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
Thanks, we cant make it this week but we will try to get there soon.
We run 4300 brushless pan cars.

Dave

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
I did get a chance to stop by there and no oval racing with pan cars was going on, that I could tell. It was about 5:30 pm when I was there.

Dave D

·
Registered
771 Posts
I am not sure, it really screws up my day to wake up and go there to find out no one is running 4300. I work at night so it makes a long day. I don't know what it is going to take to get a group of people to show up and run 4300. It is not worth using up the equipment if there are only 1 or 2 cars that show up.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I want people to show up and race. As long as we can get 4-5 4300 cars to show up we will be able to race. I have spoken to the local guys at [email protected] who I race with on a regular bases and it seems to be up in the air with some of the guys. I guess if we all agreed to show up that would work.

·
Registered
65 Posts
KLUPI said:
Don't get me wrong, I want people to show up and race. As long as we can get 4-5 4300 cars to show up we will be able to race. I have spoken to the local guys at [email protected] who I race with on a regular bases and it seems to be up in the air with some of the guys. I guess if we all agreed to show up that would work.

Are you going to run 3/24 There are 3 to 4 of us that are going to be in the area this weekend if there are going to be some others there.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts