Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy & Safe New Years. We also have up a new blog answering some of the recent questions on the board. Also I received word from our sales team that Walmart should have the price issue fixed this week. I will post more info when I receive it.

Well, a few collectors have been asking about new packaging for M2 Machines. More specifically, a box type of packaging. Some have even turned up on ebay. Starting in 2010 at Walmart stores our entire line of 1/64 scale cars will be in packaged in our brand spanking new boxes. But wait, there's more... you still get the nifty display base, but now there's a clear acrylic case that fits over the base. The price point will be staying the same at $4.97. And yes, we are aware that there is a price point issue at some Walmart locations currently showing & scanning our products for $6.00. This issue should be fixed this week. Please note that the DRIVERS line does not include the acrylic case, but it still does include the nifty display base. The DRIVERS packaging has a clear plastic window on the packaging to show off and protect the cars.

The M2 Machines 1/64 scale cars will be showing up on the selves of Walmart stores in 2010 in new boxes. The boxes will be packed 12 cars in a display box. For example, Auto-Thentics release 9 will come in a display box, it will contain 2 completes sets of the 6 cars from release 9. Or 2 colors of each car. It may sound a bit confusing at first but you'll get the hang of it, we got faith in you.

This post and more images can be found on the M2 blog located at http://m2machines.com/blogs.php

Also look for us on Facebook, http://www.facebook.com/album.php?profile=1&id=186542513073#/pages/M2-Machines/186542513073

Happy New Years,
Sean

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Not the news I was hopeing for when I read the thread. New boxes for old releases? Or are the ones show just samples? WM's around here still have a year's supply of old "Auto-Dreams" and yellow custom Crestliners. Don't get me wrong, the cover for the base is an improvement and with no price increase, there's no reason to complain but couldn't we please just see a little glimse of Rel 9 in the box.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yes there are chase pieces found from the new drivers series r4 the dodge charger red withe white rims an red tires it seems to be all new series there wewre the auto drag release 2 & grund pounders r1. found two ones up for trade by the way.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Guys,

Yes, the chase and limited edition cars are available in the boxes like some have said.

Also, the infamous Auto-Thentics release 9 is coming very soon. We should have images shortly.

Sean

·
Registered
490 Posts
Sean,

Just found your post after searching for info about the new packaging. I think it's a great improvement over the former blister packs.

Been getting 2 of each M2 Mustang release (one to keep in the blister and one to open and display). But the plastic for M2's blister packs is very thin and dents easily, especially at the bottom. Looking forward to adding some cars in the display boxes to my collection.

My only question now is: Will these be available in Canada? :confused:

As far as I know, no new M2 cars have shown up here since the earlier Auto Thentics releases, which were deeply discounted and put on clearance at Wal-Mart about a year or so ago.

Many thanks,
Adam

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sean,

Just found your post after searching for info about the new packaging. I think it's a great improvement over the former blister packs.

Been getting 2 of each M2 Mustang release (one to keep in the blister and one to open and display). But the plastic for M2's blister packs is very thin and dents easily, especially at the bottom. Looking forward to adding some cars in the display boxes to my collection.

My only question now is: Will these be available in Canada? :confused:

As far as I know, no new M2 cars have shown up here since the earlier Auto Thentics releases, which were deeply discounted and put on clearance at Wal-Mart about a year or so ago.

Many thanks,
Adam

Hi Adam,

I know for a fact the sales team is working on Canada. Hopefully you will see M2 cars in Canada sometime in 2010.

Sean

·
Registered
490 Posts
Hi Adam,

I know for a fact the sales team is working on Canada. Hopefully you will see M2 cars in Canada sometime in 2010.

Sean
Hi Sean.

Many thanks for the quick reply. It would be great to see M2 back on the shelves here. One more question ... Will cars in the new display boxes be exclusive to Wal-Mart, or will other retailers also be selling them?

Regards,
Adam

1 - 14 of 14 Posts