Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Happy New Year to everyone! :hat:

The 1/43 scale forum is 4 months old today!

Please add a reply if you visit this forum.

Have a safe a healthy New Year!......STUTZ

·
Premium Member
15,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
zeb41 said:
Happy four month anniversary!
I have some new pieces to show. I'll get them photographed soon.
Looking forward to seeing the new additions to your collection Ron.

·
Premium Member
15,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
rlyoung1 said:
Happy New Year!
Thanks to this board I'm now looking at 1/43 cars to add to my collection. :thumbsup:
I'm also looking to add a few 1/43 scale diecast cars to my collection because of this board myself..

I wish Johnny Lightning (RC2) would make Muscle Cars in 1/43 scale. The quality of their 1/64 scale (about $4.00 now) and 1/24 scale (about $14.00 now) diecast cars are excellent :thumbsup: , and the price of is reasonable. If the price of a 1/43 scale was $8-$10 each I would go crazy buying them! There is a market for a quality 1/43 scale Muscle Cars. Matchbox, The Franklin Mint, and a couple of other makers made 1/43 scale Muscle Cars. The price was somewhere in the $30-$65 range (a little more than most people wanted to spend).

If Johnny Lightning would make 1/43 scale Muscle Cars with diecast bases, it would be a dream come true for me! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Stutz: Johnny Lightning did make several "muscle cars" as 1/43 scale die cast. I have in my collection casting # 253 - a green '68 Camaro coupe; # 254 - a '71 Mustang Sportsroof in blue as a Boss 351 and in maroony red as a Mach 1; # 255 - a '70 Challenger T/A 340 Six Pack in orange and also in green; # 259 - a 71 Plymouth coupe in purple as a Roadrunner and in red as a GTX. These are heavy die cast. Baseplates are chromed and all are dated 1999. The castings are very good but the tires and wheels are identical for all models and they are poor. The tires and wheels are too small in diameter and the wheels are generic period after market five spoke mags. I believe these 1/43 cars cost about $7 or so when new. - ranchero -

·
Premium Member
15,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
ranchero said:
Stutz: Johnny Lightning did make several "muscle cars" as 1/43 scale die cast. I have in my collection casting # 253 - a green '68 Camaro coupe; # 254 - a '71 Mustang Sportsroof in blue as a Boss 351 and in maroony red as a Mach 1; # 255 - a '70 Challenger T/A 340 Six Pack in orange and also in green; # 259 - a 71 Plymouth coupe in purple as a Roadrunner and in red as a GTX. These are heavy die cast. Baseplates are chromed and all are dated 1999. The castings are very good but the tires and wheels are identical for all models and they are poor. The tires and wheels are too small in diameter and the wheels are generic period after market five spoke mags. I believe these 1/43 cars cost about $7 or so when new. - ranchero -
Welcome to the 1/43 scale forum ranchero! :wave:

The only one I saw was the '71 Mustang at TRU I believe. I didn't care for it, so I didn't buy it.

I remember a '68 or '69 Camaro in 1/43 scale made by JL that had Marvel tampos on it, buy I didn't like it.

If possble, please post pics of the 1/43 scale JL cars that you have.

Thanks......STUTZ

·
Registered
343 Posts
- and finally the 1/43 JL 1971 Ford Mustang Mach 1. It was a good start by JL during 1999 in 1/43 but they never developed it. These must have been expensive toys to make - despite the very poor wheels and tires. They used a lot of metal; they had very nice detailing; they had heavy chrome plated base plates. Note the separate parts attached for the outside rear view mirrors and the wings. They were nice models that could have been much better and more prolific. - ranchero -

·
Premium Member
15,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for posting the pics ranchero.

I remember seeing the 1970 Dodge Challenger T/A in a store.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts