Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
uno,,,,i was gonna work a bit for the extra overtime money but decieded what the he)),,,,,,,take a day off for cripes sake,,,,so i am. its about time for lunch and getting a breather from the heat outside. happy labor day to all not working today!!

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Now that my brief but illustrious furniture sales career is over, I get to enjoy a simple pleasure in life .... the 3 day holiday weekend. My condolences to those I left behind, and to those brothers here who work in retail or essential services.

·
Banned
8,979 Posts
Its a Payed Holiday for me, so why not - I could've work for the OT today but since I'm going to work my life away, we better enjoy the little breaks to :)

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Enjoying the day off myself. Plenty of sunshine and plenty of beer.

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
happy Labor Day to everyone

I couldn't work today if I wanted to,my union brothers and sisters would tar and feather me then treat me like the red headed step child that no one liked.

Here in my neck of the woods you can work Christmas,Easter,Thanksgiving as long as you get the proper pay for the day...but to work on Labor Day is a very big No-No.

Happy Labor free Day to everyone:wave:

·
Banned
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
triple20 said:
I couldn't work today if I wanted to,my union brothers and sisters would tar and feather me then treat me like the red headed step child that no one liked.

Here in my neck of the woods you can work Christmas,Easter,Thanksgiving as long as you get the proper pay for the day...but to work on Labor Day is a very big No-No.

Happy Labor free Day to everyone:wave:
its a good thing that unions dont work at hospitals and the like,,,its good that all the nursing homes arent union too,,,and its a good thing the US armed forces arent union,,,,,:lol:
i foregot ,,,let me add fire departments,,,ambulance crews,,,,,and anyone working in Florida to help the situation there to the list of "glad you aint a union member who cant work today" to the list of glad you aint union or be treated like crap for working today list,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
To clarify...not all union workers are off today in my area. Every union contract has different rules,policys and pay rates,it all depends on what union and what job you do.
We do have union police,fire and hospital workers that are working today.

I happen to be a Teamster covered under the "heavy and highway construction contract".

:wave:

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
I worked all day today... sitting on the floor of the garage making a stable out of scrap wood for my 7 y.o. daughter's toy horses . I suck at this kind of thing but she's really looking forward to the finished product.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
I watched CSI marathons and porked out all day.

I ate so much that it hurts...now I realize why it's called LABOR day :tongue:

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
By the way Larry, the Company I work for Employs 2 Mechanics and both of them are members of the Teamsters Union. The oportunity to receive the pay and benifits you deserve are available to you. All you have to do is look hard enough and quit bitching about other people that are making an honest living and getting paid well for it!

·
Banned
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
hoosier-lightning said:
By the way Larry, the Company I work for Employs 2 Mechanics and both of them are members of the Teamsters Union. The oportunity to receive the pay and benifits you deserve are available to you. All you have to do is look hard enough and quit bitching about other people that are making an honest living and getting paid well for it!
gosh i never thought of that,,,,hmmm. i guess i will look again for someone to pay me twice as much as now for doing the same job. on second thought i already have and there just aint alot of union mechanic openings around here. thats OK though. i need the type of employment i have anyways.

·
Banned
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
jhoop302 said:
larry, do you all ways talk out of your butt . does that give you a nice feeling - . i do feel sorry for you in a way.
no need to feel for me jloop, and yes i generally speak just what is on my mind,,,,:lol:,,,:lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts