Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Been thinking about my Dad who has been gone simce 1989 and the trips to the slot car track and the fun we has with slot cars and later his real race car just before I went in the Navy. Lots of good times and always great advice when I needed it espesially after I left the nest

Roger Corrie

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
It's been over 20 years & I wish that he could have been at Sandusky Speedway last Sunday when I did about 25 laps in a Pavement late model. He started the whole racing thing by taking me to the races at Sportsmans Park before I was even in school. Been a car racing nut now for better than 60 years. He raced slot cars with us from the beginning with T-Jets in the 60's until his declining health prevented him from joining in. Yeah, it's all his fault! Thanks Dad.

Attachments

·
BANNED
8,211 Posts
yeah, didn't have a Dad, but Happy Fathers Day to all the Dad's, especially those who take an interest in their kids. you GO guys!

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Lost my Dad too about 4 years ago miss him terribly. I still remember the first set he bought me, The Rebel Challenge set. It snowballed from there, next thing I knew we had a 3 level slot car track in the back room. Great times. Thats why I collect and customize with my kids. It's more fun to share. Thank you all to sharing your stories and Happy Fathers Day.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Cancer took Pops too soon...but I do remember the fun we had with the Cox Super Scale Laguna Sega set I got one Christmas, even though I wanted the AFX. Looking back I not sure if we even have the money for the set, his work boots sure seemed ratty that year, but he was always determined that I had a better life growing up than he had. Just one of many lessons Pops gave me. He is truely missed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts