Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this isn't the carpet car thread section, but I just wanted to wish Mike Murphy....thats right Magic Mike Murphy a Happy Birthday. Remember Mike with that many candles on the cake...if things get crazy...stop drop and roll:thumbsup:

David Peek:wave:

·
HobbyTalk Pro
2,787 Posts
One of the best wheels and chassis guys in R/C history - always spoke softly and let his on-track results speak for themselves...and they spoke volumes!

Winning a National title is no easy feat - especially in the late 80's / early 90's. Doing so with a home-made car is even more difficult. He's done both - and my first Nat'l title in '91 was with a car he built as well. He and I TQ'd and Won both ROAR Stock classes at the '91 Oval Nats, both with his own design of cars. He was today's version of Mike Laughlin/Chad Knaus/Jimmie Johnson all rolled into one.

You hear talk in recent years about Left Side T-Plates? He did that in '91...:thumbsup:

Happy Birthday to my good buddy, Mike "Magic" Murphy.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Happy birthday Mike
I was also there and still remember, there is a ride for you any monday night you want to come out.
Bill

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Happy Birthday Mike!!
Pretty soon you you can start your comeback under the guise of getting the little one started.

Hope to See Ya ...........again............At The Track
Kirt

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just another reason we need a club rental for the "more experienced" retired drivers who could make a race here and there!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts