Hobbyist Forums banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Lifetime Monster Modeler
4,124 Posts
Trev...

Are you serious? This has gotten blown WAY OUT OF PROPORTION!

This is a GENERAL MODEL BOARD so I think that you are fine to display "models" of any kind here...

Different strokes for different folks....don't leave ....

Now Mitch....play nice or you are gonna have to sit in the TIME OUT chair! ;)
MMM

·
Registered
803 Posts
Trev & Mitchelmania---Hi Guys! Say, I don't know either one of you personally but from past posts from the both of you, I sense that we would probably get along just fine. I don't really think that there is any need for anyone to leave this forum due to a difference of opinion. It does say, below the title of "Modeling Forum" :"for general modeling discussion". So I would think that any model catagory would be acceptable, and figures or space vehicles fall into :"general" to me.

Basically, I guess I really want to just say, "Trev, don't go anywhere, STAY!
We all enjoy hearing what you have to say and I really believe that Mitchelmania doesn't want you to go either. We're all adults here and should just put it behind us and continue to be the modeling friends we can possibly be to each other.

Your friend,
Hooty:wave:

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Whoa, Trevor. I've always regarded you as one of the good guys on this board, and I've enjoyed your many and varied posts.

I took the initial thread here as a kind of light-hearted "lets have a board specifically for figures." Pretty much a figure modeler meself, I understand the interest. But I also like to see what other folks are up to.

Maybe the words posted in black and white print on a computer screen aren't really the stark ideas which they can be interpreted to be. We are all friends here, right?

Separate board? Well, maybe.

SciFi kits, boats, cars, non-figures? I'll still check in. Let's see your best!

What - ifs and suggestions? I'm a sucker for those threads.

But hurting the feelings of or insulting people I like? Count me out - and I'm dead certain that's true for everyone else who posts here.

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I didn't mean for this to get way out of proportion. I merely said there is every board here under the Sun here EXCEPT Figure modelers. Sometimes it feels like us Monster Modelers get shoved to the back. I can Post my models at the Universal board, there's monsters there (most of the time- some over zealous modelers post every plus the kitchen sink there to).

·
Starship Class
11,892 Posts
Madcap, you will leave over my freakin' DEAD BODY, man! :mad:

Okay, well, maybe that's a useless gesture to make and blowing things even more out of proportion. :D Sorry!:p

To tell the truth, I bounce around between 3 or 4 of the separate model forums to the point that I often don't realize which one I'm in. I vote more for the individual thread rather than the party, you see.

I wouldn't worry about it. If you're really out of bounds about where you start a thread, the mods will take care of it by moving it--just for keeping things organized. If they don't have a problem with it, I wouldn't worry about it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,776 Posts
There are some impressive figures up on the "Adult Themed Models" forum. Take your scantily clad godzillas up there!

Trev, come back, Trev!

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Not dramatic....for a long time I've been posting things here only to have someone come in and say that I shouldn't or that what I posted is in the wrong place, or whatever. Usually, this is done in a biting, deroggotory way.

Mitch posted on my Constellation post that it should be moved, I've also had others tell me I shouldn't talk about my store, and there's more. I don't feel like digging up past posts to find this.

It just seems to me that this is the coup de grase of all posts. So Mitch is now saying that there should be a "Monster's Only" fourm, and that this one HAS to be it, when this one is for General Modelbuilding.

He said this after I posted some Star Trek kits, and it was ONLY on my post. He hasn't come and posted on anyone else's.

I am angry because of the accumilation of all the previous posts with the final addition, being this one.

Get it?

Mitch might be right in his request, and that's ok, but it comes within seconds of him telling me I should move my post. It's too "Targeted" for my liking.

Therefore, I've decided to try and move my "Offensive" posts to the Sci-Fi fourm. I might come back when I build a monster kit or something, but that might not be for months as I have a deadline to meet with my Star Trek models at the Library on Jan 4th.

I wanted to show you the progress pics of the Bridge, and the other ships, but I guess that will have to be somewhere else instead of in the "General" fourm, as this is suppose to be a monster/figure fourm, although it doesn't say anywhere that it should be.

Whatever!

I'll see you all in Sci-Fi.

Trevor

P.S. The only one not complaining is Hank.....so what's the big deal?

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
No, I also posted on the Monster Song thread, which should also be moved.
Maybe there is no moderator here. I wasn't singling out anyone, you're just paranoid. I would LOVE to have a separate
Figure Modeling section It doesn't have to be here on the Modeling Forum. Everything cool Happy Holidays:wave:

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
I would LOVE to have a separate Figure Modeling section It doesn't have to be here on the Modeling Forum. Everything cool Happy Holidays:wave:
Here's an idea.
Why don't you talk to Hank, and offer to sponsor one then?
In case you hadn't noticed.
Almost all the different forums here are paid for by one person/company or another.

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #39 (Edited)
Here's an idea.
Why don't you talk to Hank, and offer to sponsor one then?
In case you hadn't noticed.
Almost all the different forums here are paid for by one person/company or another.
"Almost all", I'm sure it would get a sponsor who sold Licensed Monster kits, unlike some modeling boards...
Like I said before, there is a Sci FI Vehicle forum here.

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Well, if I had the money, maybe I could sponsor it. After all, who would be better than Monster Hobbies for sponsoring one? It might even keep my faultering store in business.

Mitch - no harm done. Happy holidays! :D

21 - 40 of 41 Posts