Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 691 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone, I'm into Rat Rods mainly and was sorta bored with what's available, so I decided to build my own. Below are a few of my completed ones.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
more

a few more...
Number I was the first and Number II the second attempt.

The Rat Rods are Aurora Hot Rods. When I got them they were missing the fronts and the roofs and pipes.

also Tijuana Taxi is incomplete and on the workbench at the moment.
enjoy

·
Villain
4,632 Posts
Inspired by a Rat by Jesse James
I see the inspiration, no sandra bullock. emptyness, I hope they get back together and he thanks her till the day she/he dies. They where my favorite hollywood couple. He was cool, she was sweet/hot.

sorry to meander off topic, you must be part beaver, cuz you must be busy as hell pumping out so many custom cars.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Imagination has no limits

You have a very fertile imagination and can wield a mean hobby knife. Available bodies? You don't need no stinking available bodies! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
thats why i like hobbytalk. you can see something new and different everyday. slotto the orange choptop is cool as november!!.good job and keep it up.

·
Crazed Painter
7,230 Posts
Very neat-0 Stuff!

slotto,

Ooh man! Digging these neat Old School Hot Rods Big Time! Great stuff & fun to see. :)

I also see a red pickup with an Iron Cross on the doors in the background. I too have messed around with that body and come up with the same hole in the box right behind the cab. Try making some Goop from some used & abused red plastic AFX bodies with Testors liquid cement to carefully fill it in.

Bob...Iron Crosses belong on red bodies...zilla

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
5 more

Thanks for the tip Bob, I've never tried that b4. Wonder if I can make it work.

The Willys got me started with styrene. I cut off the hood and made a firewall and a fan shroud, then inserted a motor.

The Aurora Hot Rods posted earlier were my second shot with styrene. I built firewalls for the ones with missing hoods/grilles.

Then came "Number 1" (posted earlier). I wasn't pleased with it so I gave it to a buddy while I worked on "Number 2". I saw him a week later and asked for it back. I missed it for sentimental reasons I guess.

Also in this post, the A100 which I think it looks more like the "Mystery Machine" and it's companion the A100 Pickup.

I was happy to see AW release the "S'Cool Bus". I had to make it a short bus for a T-Jet chassis.

Last but not least is another shot of the Tijuana Taxi. As far as I'm concerned, it's finished. I don't want to get too detail-ly. I'm gonna run it.

more to come,
enjoy

·
LED Burner Outer
11,710 Posts
I like that econoline van and pick up!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup: I've been trying toying around with the whole resin casting idea, and really want to cast that body style. Sadly, I have no casting supplies, and the only master I've found is too big. It would have to be shrunk first, and that stuff is even farther away from my capabilities than the casting is. You've got to have a steady hand and a good eye to make styrene work as well as you do. I'm lacking both the skills and the patience. Nice work! :cool:

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
jogged my memory

I tried my hand at casting too. It's really messy. especially making the molds. see my Minis.

also included is my Tyco Woody from about 10 years ago and

something I picked up on vacation. I want to do something with these but am at a loss.

more to come...

·
Part Time Painter/Racer
8,686 Posts
Slotto, I can see you've been at this for a while!!! It takes a time for all this creativity. I like the way you think..."build your own". :thumbsup::thumbsup:
I can see some very interesting builds in your pics!!! You hit a soft spot with Sltman and those vans...Tex, you see those wings in the last pic??? RM

1 - 20 of 691 Posts