Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever successfully handbrushed Tamiya acrylic paint.If you have done so,please post a reply to this thread.I want to use, it but know its tricky to brush paint.More so than other acrylics,I want to achieve successful brush painting,using it.Thanks,Guy Schlicter.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I always try to avoid handbrushing of Tamiya acrylics because those are drying extremely fast, which is a thing not good for brushes. That`s why I always use Games Workshops colors for doing so.

But if you really want to use Tamiya colors for that purpose you should thin them with dilluted alcohol or simply water to slow down the drying a bit.

Good luck!

·
Registered
391 Posts
I thin them down slightly w/ Tamiya thinner or alcohol, the key is brush once or twice and stop, don't overbrush the same area or it will gum up on you.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I've always had good experiences with the Tamiya acrylics, with the exception of their chrome silver color. Unlike crapple barrel or even model master acrylics, the Tamiya acrylics provide great coverage, even when painted with a brush.

·
Registered
130 Posts
fernieo said:
I thin them down slightly w/ Tamiya thinner or alcohol, the key is brush once or twice and stop, don't overbrush the same area or it will gum up on you.
Amen.....and wait a while before that second coat. Or you'll pull the first one up.;)

·
I make movies
2,575 Posts
I always airbrush Tamiya and Model Master acrylics. If I need to hand brush I use Gunze Sangyo or Games Workshop as those are designed for being brushed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts