Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 650 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For thoes who haven't heard, Halo Hobbies (Josh's track at the Woodville mall, in Toledo, OH) is open for racing. They are open for practice Tue-Fri untill 9pm, oval practice (when it is ready) will be Tues. Racing is Sat. doors open at 10am racing starts at 2pm. When racing is completed if there is time practice is open untill 9pm. Sun will be oval racing when Josh has everything ready. Untill then 9am-6pm is practice. Practice is $7, racing is $10 first class $5 for second. They are getting a full line hobby shop set-up also.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hey Rich

where can I get the entry for the nats? I was planning on coming up to race.
any help would be cool
Mo Denton

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
I cannot wait to race at Halo soon. Wife planned a couple of Sunday events I dont dare try to get out of so opens Saturday up!!!

Rich-you racing at halo this Saturday?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
mcsquish said:
For thoes who haven't heard, Halo Hobbies (Josh's track at the Woodville mall, in Toledo, OH) is open for racing. They are open for practice Tue-Fri untill 9pm, oval practice (when it is ready) will be Tues. Racing is Sat. doors open at 10am racing starts at 2pm. When racing is completed if there is time practice is open untill 9pm. Sun will be oval racing when Josh has everything ready. Untill then 9am-6pm is practice. Practice is $7, racing is $10 first class $5 for second. They are getting a full line hobby shop set-up also.
Cant wait to get back to toledo! I love the woodville mall!Well at least the track and the people at the track anyways! Tell Gene and Clayton I said Howdy! and see ya guys soon!

·
Registered
3,725 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Kolors by bla, bla, bla, now if you arn't smart enough to go to CEFX.net and look for your self, I guess I could let you know. But then you allready know..lol For eveyone else but Dale, oops Kolors, the NORRCA nats are from Nov. 4-7. The stock momo will be monster stock based, the 19T might be Reedy based, and NOVAK will have systems for brushless. See you Sat. Dale, if you bring servo, I bring rent-a-wreck.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
So how long have they been racing at Halo? Buddy and me went there a couple of times last year before the Gate reopened when it was Hobby Stop. I think it is a pretty cool place to race, being in a mall and all. Ray- it will be good to see someone I know there. I plan on running at Halo till football season is over, then I might travel back to the Gate. I don't know, I would rather race on Saturdays anyways.
See you all on Saturday,
Jerry

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I have one quick question, well two. Can we run with personal transponders? Do they have anything for a hobby store for tires and parts?
Thanks,
Jerry

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Yep, you can use personals.

If I remember correctly, they had tires and other parts in the hobby store. It is quite nicely stocked and will get even more stuff as soon as Josh gets back from Worlds.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Hey All,
Just got home from Halo, and the only thing I have to say is that what a great place to race at. I haven't touched my R/C stuff since July and it was great to get back on a drivers stand. Meet some great people and got to see Chicky, Jimmy and others lay down some great laps. I know where I will be next Saturday.
Jerry

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
I should be there next Saturday-I hope!!! I cannot wait to see what Josh did with the place!

Someone-please post the results files or at least top 3 in each class.I am as always a curious race fan!!

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
This is going off of my (poor) memory. I'm not sure I have mod TC qualifying correct, but I do know Paul TQ'd.

Qualifying:
----------
stock TC: Jimmy, Keith Billanti, Rich Chang.

stock 1/12th: Paul Ciccarello, Jeff Switzer, Fred Baumgartner

mod TC: Paul Ciccarello, Bobby Flack, Walt Henderson

Mains:
------
stock TC: Rich Chang, (then Keith, then Jimmy?)

stock 1/12th: Paul Ciccarello, Rich Chang, Jeff Switzer

mod TC: I have no idea how this finished but I think it was Bobby, Paul or Danny? There were so many broken cars. There was a great battle between Paul and Bobby Flack for most of the race. Walt was in there but broke.

1 - 20 of 650 Posts