Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody go to the Chiller theatre show in NJ ??
i'm going on halloween.
i havent been to one in 10 years
what can i expect?
i know theres some modeling action....

and then there/s the scale models....HA! HA!

·
Registered
678 Posts
The gang will be running the model contest all day Saturday!

Moebius will be having a make n take all 3 days!

and you get to hang w/ fellow HobbyTalk mbrs and get drunk and
stupid on Saturday night, and complain all day Sunday about your
headache!

Can't beat it!!

Buc

·
Oxidation Genius
31,301 Posts
I haven't been since they switched from the Secaucus hotel. That one was close to work so it was an easy Friday night zip over there. Gotta see if my buddy wants to go. It's more fun that way.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Judy and I will be there Saturday from 11:00 in the morning. We'll be by the bar working on Sundays headache!:freak:
Jim

·
Registered
834 Posts
Renate and I will be there; it's our first Chiller since they moved to the new location. What's it like compared to the old one?

And how will we Hobby Talkers recognize each other?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh man! i'm so excited to go! Halloween, models, Sci-fi, horror, crazy people in costume!!

YES!!!
now if i can only keep the 'ol lady from being bored.......

·
Lifetime Monster Modeler
4,124 Posts
I'll be there at the Make It & Take It table helping Frank out saturday morning. Make sure you introduce yourself to me and tell me that you are on HobbyTalk for sure! I'd love to meet everyone...well most everyone.;)

Jim (Hunch)...make sure you and Judy stop by to say hello! :)

Bob aka MMM

·
Banned
1,784 Posts
I haven't been since '97. I remember being really disapponted at the downsizing of the model display/sales compared to previous years I'd been.

Didn't like the fact that it was spread out over 3 or 4 floors either.

Still had a lot of fun though. Just bummed 'cause the main reason I always went was the models.

With all the great stuff Moebius (and others) have in the pipeline now though, it might be time to give it another shot.

What's the location for this year?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Don't wanna rain on anyone's parade, but as far as model kits , it's just a fraction of what it used to be a few years ago. Aside from that it can still be a weekend thrill and experience.:freak:

·
Banned
1,784 Posts
Don't wanna rain on anyone's parade, but as far as model kits , it's just a fraction of what it used to be a few years ago. Aside from that it can still be a weekend thrill and experience.:freak:
That's what I was afraid of...

The first few years I went ('94 - '96. Cant remember the hotel but it was across the street from the old WOR TV station), the kits were literally everywhere you looked. Oddly, the hobby was in the dark ages compared to the resurgence we have now with Moebius, Monarch, and all the resin guys.

I gotta give this some thought...it'd be a looooong day in the car (3 hours + each way).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts