Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen, I thought you guys may be interested...I was in my Local Hallmark store the other Day....

And came across a Robby the Robot Christmas Ornament ..that Lights up and talks when you hit a Button..It's Beautiful! Correct Color ETC......:thumbsup:

And I think it's the exact scale of the Robot from Lost In Space that Comes with the Moebius Chariot Kit!!!

Sorry No Pictures..I didn't Pick up one yet...

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
It does look good!

(I assembled this image from the zoomed in Hallmark image)

·
Registered
867 Posts
It's a beautiful ornament. What I don't get is why they had someone re-record the dialog. I would much rather have the original voice. The new guy doesn't even sound much like Robby...

M.

·
Banned
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's a beautiful ornament. What I don't get is why they had someone re-record the dialog. I would much rather have the original voice. The new guy doesn't even sound much like Robby...

M.
I thought it was the original Guy!!!(Got to stop standing so close to my Bass Amp...LOL!)

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Possibly copyright issues?

The little ornament does look quite authentic, especially for something meant to hang from a Christmas tree.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Marvin Miller, according to Wikipedia, voiced the original Robby. He died in 1985 of a heart attack, but has a star on the walk of fame. If this is in scale to the pod/chariot, I'm getting one! (pending wifely approval) Hallmark has it for $18.00, but I saw it at other online stores pushing $30.00.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
It is a great ornament, but it is not Marvin Miller's voice, they didn't even get the cadence right. I hope Robby sells well, then maybe they might do Robby's car, and C-57-D.

David.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
I suppose a true electronics geek could dissect the thing, remove the sound chip and replace it with one containing Robby's actual lines from the movie soundtrack.

"Gee, Doc, is it a male or a female?"

"In my case, sir, the question is totally without meaning."

Really? Robby has a deep masculine voice, he's immensely strong, and he looks pretty butch!

·
Registered
319 Posts
My favorite doube entendre in the movie:

Altaira: "Where were you, Robby? I beamed and beamed..."

Robby: "Sorry miss, I was giving myself an oil job."

Ahh, a more innocent time!

Great ornament. I've got to get one!

Lee

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
So does my ex wife.
My condolences! :freak:
My favorite doube entendre in the movie:

Altaira: "Where were you, Robby? I beamed and beamed..."

Robby: "Sorry miss, I was giving myself an oil job."

Ahh, a more innocent time!
Back in 1956, most moviegoers probably didn't even think of that line as a double-entendre. We're all such dirty-minded perverts nowadays!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hey Guys,

FYI !!!

Don't know how Robby's selling in your neck of the woods, but he is almost completey sold out already here in southwest Ohio.
I went yesterday to the West Chester store and they were sold out already. The lady called two other stores, and they put one back for me at the second. When we got there today, they had mine and ONE more left.
Bottom line, if you want it, maybe better get one now, if possible, lest the only way to get one may be E-BAY.:drunk:

Model on ! ! ! :wave:

Dave

·
Registered
520 Posts
My condolences! :freak:Back in 1956, most moviegoers probably didn't even think of that line as a double-entendre. We're all such dirty-minded perverts nowadays!
Well, looks like there were some perverts in the MGM PR department back then, as well.

Believe it or not, this is a PR photo from back in the day -

Looks pretty harmless by TMZ's standards today. But check out the caption that was on the back-

Wink, wink, nudge, nudge......

Gene

1 - 20 of 30 Posts