1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Modeler's Brand
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Halcyon Models: T2 Endoskel Chrome

Is anyone up on their Halcyon trivia?
I ebayed a 1/9 "Halcyon Terminator 2 T800 endoskeleton in CHROME MIB"

The seller claimed to be an old-time Kenner prototyper. They bought tons of models for reference, he inherited them and is now selling them off. For this one, he thinks he remembers suggesting to a halcyon guy making a chrome version of this model and that this may have been a one-off prototype just for him.

I like the kit either way and the price was inline with what might be expected fora regular version of this kit.

Does anybody know more about this particular model? Was there a special chrome edition, was chrome normal or is this indeed a singular piece? I should have it soon and can add more details.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I have both the chrome and non-chrome versions of the Halcyon kit. There was a bunch of the chrome versions made, available lots of places at the time.

·
Modeler's Brand
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Same here i have 2 of each they were put out by tskuda models from japan back in '91 check out the pics . the box and instructions say tskuda hobby no mention of halcyon anywhere , i think halcyon re- released them later in late 90's

Robert

·
Registered
461 Posts
Halcyon had an agreement with Tsukuda for the Alien kits which halcyon had the license rights in UK,all they did was rebox the terminator kits which originally came in plain grey plastic and then Comet started bringing in tha Tsukuda version which was chromed and halcyon got narked and got Tsukuda to supply them with the chrome version,only diference to the box was that they put a little red sticker on the end panel so that you wouldn't get confused:confused:if you had them on the shelf together(retail wise)I still have a couple and a pile of skulls left over from a myriad of dioramas made for other people and got Skunnered(scottish for fed up)so never got round to making my own.....oh well maybe someday soon,
cheers,Gordon:thumbsup:

·
Starship Class
11,873 Posts
I've always liked that robot. You're lucky to have found one, I think.

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
I have one of the non-chrome ones- when I got it I did not know of the chrome version which would be much better for this subject.
I still have not built mine- I started looking at ways to make it articulate and got bogged down. I since then got the 18" posable replica from Entertainment Earth and have that standing in my work area- someday I do want to build that model though...

·
Modeler's Brand
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And here it is. An out of the box review. It was unwrapped by the previous owner, but all the parts were bagged before I did this video. I rebagged them and it sits on the shelf waiting for me or someone else to build it down the road. I don't know that I am enough of a fan to build this one.

Nice looking parts. Crisp details. Chrome is mostly uniform except on the base as shown in the video. The box is in decent shape, no mold or anything for this 18yr old cardboard.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts