Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
565 Posts
:thumbsup: Congrats on your find, my walmart really stinks now because they are not carrying a lot of stuff anymore. The reset is done and they have pegs for MM's now but there are none on the pegs and chances are the MM pegs will remain empty until the next reset and No spots for the Autolifts or the haulers. My walmart is rapidly going down the drain. I am glad after 16 yrs with Walmart my husband quit and went to work for another company, during that 16 yrs you can see the changes being made not only in the store but how they treat their employees. I am sure Sam Walton wouldn't be happy with how the company is being run now.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
I have not seen that one before! If I had, I would have had to have it too. May have to go looking for it online.

As far as I can tell from the outlines they have posted on the shelves (the reset itself is not yet done by the look of things) my Walmart also will no longer be carrying M2s - or JLs. And are reducing the amount of room (pegs) for Hot Wheels of any line. I am going to protest by the only method I have available - by my wallet. I will no longer be doing any shopping in my local Walmart, not just diecast, but I also will no longer buy any clothes, auto supplies, groceries, anything from my local Walmart. I will go to others in surrounding areas that still carry M2s. I doubt if I make any noticeable dip in sales for the local Walmart (somehow I suspect even if all of us collectors got together and did the same thing it probably would not make a noticeable dip, either - then again, who knows?) but at least I'll know it won't be getting any more of my money, and I'll be rewarding the stores that do carry what I want. Dissatisfaction has to be shown starting somewhere!

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I have not seen that one before! If I had, I would have had to have it too. May have to go looking for it online.

As far as I can tell from the outlines they have posted on the shelves (the reset itself is not yet done by the look of things) my Walmart also will no longer be carrying M2s - or JLs. And are reducing the amount of room (pegs) for Hot Wheels of any line. I am going to protest by the only method I have available - by my wallet. I will no longer be doing any shopping in my local Walmart, not just diecast, but I also will no longer buy any clothes, auto supplies, groceries, anything from my local Walmart. I will go to others in surrounding areas that still carry M2s. I doubt if I make any noticeable dip in sales for the local Walmart (somehow I suspect even if all of us collectors got together and did the same thing it probably would not make a noticeable dip, either - then again, who knows?) but at least I'll know it won't be getting any more of my money, and I'll be rewarding the stores that do carry what I want. Dissatisfaction has to be shown starting somewhere!
I hear ya, I have no choice in not shopping at Walmart for M2 as all of my Stores dropped the line....

No M2s Jewel Cases, Lifts, Haulers - No MMs - and thank god NO MORE PIXAR CARS....

It's all HWs & MB and old Maisto inventory with new packaging....

Looks like I will be stuck with buying from OLDs or do without till I travel to another City or State.

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
I hit the one wally carrying diecast, umm, looooooots of 1/64 muscle machines, nothing else..well, except for hot wheels blvd for a buck.i'm going to have to go the sealed old cases, but i found a great m2 seller.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
I'm thinking of just sticking my monthly budget into my paypal account and just buy online. I just hate to pay for the shipping on top of the cost of the M2 I'm buying.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
There is a new (at least to me) Chevy truck/auto carrier out with a '57 Chevy on the carrier and a sign on the carrier with Chevy's "OK Used Cars". The truck and trailer are painted red! I spotted it at my local Walmart yesterday. It's so sharp lookin' I ended up buying it!:thumbsup: I'll post some pix of it soon!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
There is a new (at least to me) Chevy truck/auto carrier out with a '57 Chevy on the carrier and a sign on the carrier with Chevy's "OK Used Cars". The truck and trailer are painted red! I spotted it at my local Walmart yesterday. It's so sharp lookin' I ended up buying it!:thumbsup: I'll post some pix of it soon!
You mean this one? It's been out awhile. Got mine at Hobby Lobby along with the sign. I seriously want the chase version.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
You mean this one? It's been out awhile. Got mine at Hobby Lobby along with the sign. I seriously want the chase version.

Yep...that's the one!:thumbsup: Didn't know that it had been out for a while. In the stores around here, the car carriers seem to sell fast, while the box vans seem to just sit on the shelves.
BTW...very cool sign you've got there!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
520 Posts
In the stores around here, the car carriers seem to sell fast, while the box vans seem to just sit on the shelves.
That's been my observation too - van trailer rigs sit the longest while the car carriers, enclosed car transporter, flatbed and race car lowboy vanish pretty quick in my neck of the woods. Have to admit the other trailers are a better bang for the buck as they include a M2 car while van trailers don't.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts