Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
I'm waiting to find one and then add some MBX dog dishes. I saw a new new Beetle with them and I thought it looked pretty cool.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What are mbx dog dishes? What mbx are they on?

I am a sucker for this color spflm paint. It just looks so good on anything. My favorite is the dbs and viper in the mainlines.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Been workin on my swappin skeelz. Finally got it down so i dont have to drill it out so it saves time.

I just do it for m own enjoyment and to make the car look better. Sometimes for a buddy who might like the particular car.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
beetle looks very nice.good to see that axle material going to good use!...i need to start using mine for this so i dont need to dril em out. full flaps, he probably uses some narrow snips to snip the axle, pop in some axle tube(1/32" ID tubing and press in or glue in the axle stubs from the new wheels) just cut axle in half and will slide right in.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Messrs: the Transit Connect is a good example but they come on many of the police cars and older model cars that MBX is producing.

Here is a Beetle with the wheels:

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What i do is cut one of the old wheel off with some dikes ten i can snip the end off of the old axel. Then pull it out. Now the base is still in perfect factory condition.
Then drill the axel path out a little with a 1/32 bit to make it so i can slide the tube in.
Then i cut the old axel rod in half or use the ones from the donor wheels which i have to drill out to keep them fron getting buggered.

Ill make a little video and post it for ya.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts