Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Stopped by our WM and couldn't believe it - New JL's and the first I've seen since the end of January. Couldn't resist and picked up the entire set of the new Working Trucks Series. Very hard to find the entire series hanging in one place.

Picked up:

62 VW Ambulance - Creme - (IMOO Really Nice)
69 Chevy Balzer - Yellow - (Is this a new casting ???)
99 International Cargo Truck - Matco Tools
99 Ford Tow Truck - Orange

All of the working trucks have rubber tires and the package reads 1/5,000.

Also couldn't resist the Wicked Wagons, Cadillac Hearse - Black w/rubber tires. That was another strange assortment - All 4 of the wagons were there.

Question - I think another collector, who was there, found a WL in the Wicked Wagons Series. It had a white interior and purple windows. Anyone know if that's the WL in this series??????

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Wow - great finds. And you are lucky to find complete sets! Nice ones. I agree with you, that ambulance is awesome. That Blazer is not a new casting, but it is the first release with the top down variation.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
RE: Luck

Thanks for the info. Still amazed to find any new JL's and from another members post on the Ambulance yes, it's my favorite.

In this area they just aren't out there. Like so many others work doesn't allow much time to hunt, except locally. Still do the occasional weekend road trip, but as most can imagine, that's not, well being polite, very productive - Last year or so it seems to be more about making a donation to Exxon/Mobile, rather than finding any new JL's. - :D

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Hey juswheels, post more often! :thumbsup: You definitely timed it right when you went to WM.

Both of those series are flying off the pegs. Congrats on your lucky scores! :hat:

·
Atomic Punk
4,323 Posts
Nice scores! I got the orange tow truck and the black Ford wagon the other day. I opened both right up. The wagon has some cool flat black lines on it.

I love that the Wicked Wagons logo is actually a puffy sticker. I gave it to my daughter to put in her sticker book.

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
CenterShock said:
Nice scores! I got the orange tow truck and the black Ford wagon the other day. I opened both right up. The wagon has some cool flat black lines on it.

I love that the Wicked Wagons logo is actually a puffy sticker. I gave it to my daughter to put in her sticker book.
Nick,
I have 3 more "puffy stickers" if you want them. :p
Maddie can put 'em on her 'Stang!

·
Atomic Punk
4,323 Posts
Thanks for the offer Mark. Send them all to Boogie. If I need any more I will hunt some down. I just thought it was pretty cool. Better than just a piece of cardboard.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
That Truck series is awesome. I was lucky to find all four today. Even scored the orange hub Macto Truck. Yeah!!!!!

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Don't forget about this variation too :devil: I personally think the red rims look better, but thought this one needed a good home.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
fuddmiester said:
Hey JUSWHEELS, which rims did you get on the MATCO truck??

Hey "R", how you doing ??? - Mine has the silver rims. - Couldn't answer until after work, had to look at it, to be certain. You know us old folks, can't remember our names, most days. :cool:

Give me a shout or I'll tell "B" you're getting all the good stuff !!!!!!!!!!!!:wave:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts